Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

update on Emma, and of course more questions

emma's mom
November 25th, 2004, 05:00 PM
Hello again,
Well, Emma is home now (after being in the hospital since Monday morning) - but still no answers. The vets at the emergency hospital ruled out Addison's and Cushing's disease, they performed a whole battery of tests (x-rays, ultrasounds, blood work, etc). The only thing that they found was a low protein level and a urinary tract infection, for which she is taking antibiotics.

She is home now, and breathing very heavily. Sounds almost like she is congested. Short shallow breaths. Lung x-rays, like everthing else, can't explain why. The only suggestion is that it could be stress induced. Are bulldogs prone to this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

badger
November 25th, 2004, 06:51 PM
If it is indeed stress-induced, have you tried Bach's Rescue Remedy? It's herbal, you can get it in health food stores. I have seen it recommended here several times. What an ordeal, I hope everything works out. I suppose you have been all over the Net looking for answers. Maybe someone here will have other suggestions. Good luck to you both.

badger
November 25th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Did they rule out liver disease? Low protein is a sign of liver problems.