Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Found silver tabby Montreal

badger
November 25th, 2004, 01:10 PM
Found November 24 just south of Sherbrooke near d'Iberville, a big, beautiful silver tabby, young male, chatty, affectionate. If you live in the area or further up on the Plateau, please watch for posters. Someone is missing this guy. I can't keep him for long, revolution brewing!

nerdy_grrl_t
November 26th, 2004, 02:26 PM
Be sure to call the SPCA and file a "found" report - also you may want to ask them if anyone has called looking for a cat that matches his description.

Nerdy_Grrl

badger
November 26th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the tip, I called and left a message, they say they'll call you back but who knows, those people are run off their feet. Also called Berger Blanc (which is closer) but they don't take ANY info, to have on hand in case people call. The woman acted like she couldn't care less. Go figure.

I don't hold out much hope on this one, just a feeling. So I don't know what I'm gonna do. Anyone want a cat? :)

chico2
November 26th, 2004, 05:16 PM
Oh no Badger!!! You have to stop looking for cats(easy to say,but not to do),is this one moved into the bathroom,what's happening with Simon???

badger
November 26th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Torrential winter rain, he turns up on the back porch really late (he's been around for a couple of weeks, occasionally feeding) completely soaked, crying, what to do? He came right up to me, my arm went out and two seconds later he was being rubbed down with a towel, fed, etc. You get the picture. I had a conversation with the SPCA, to file a report, and the woman said even when they have an animal which seems to match the description, people make excuses not to come!! Off with the old, on with the new.

Simon is out and about. He is the one who has been thrown off by the newcomer, crouching by the door, body stiff with anxiety. Last night I had to crate him. Today I went to get some Rescue Remedy and we're ALL taking it :) Badger has been so cool, pretty much ignoring the others, in his own little world (but he's like that, spaced out :))

It's incredibly bad timing (I'm going away in three weeks). Plus the guy who lives downstairs has a hate on for me, complaining to the caretaker about noise, sticking up ugly warnings on his windows, etc. None of it is true, but I have to be a bit careful, the lease is for one cat and I just don't feel like fighting an eviction right now.

So I'm crazy. So sue me.

chico2
November 26th, 2004, 08:02 PM
Badger,believe me,I understand :love: I wish you had your own home,you could have your own rescue,as many cats as you want..(oh boy!!)
I have had cats in my basement,taken in from the cold,but luckily I can trust my HS not to kill and unless I know the owners,HS picks the cats up...
It's only happened about 4 times and 2 were picked up by their owners they were micro-chipped(not the owners,the cats!!)the others had collars with rabies-tags and I found the owners through their vet.
What are you going to do when you are going away,I think you have one big problem....but a wonderful heart :love:

maddoxies
November 27th, 2004, 12:09 AM
Berger Blanc is a private business, not a service (like SPCA). There is no profit in taking information from you.

It was in the Gazette where they got caught lying to a family that they did not have their pet. BB got more money for selling the animal that fines to the original family.

badger
November 27th, 2004, 05:41 PM
That is so interesting. Because the latest handout from the municipality listing their services INCLUDES Berger Blanc. Now does that mean they are getting money from the municipality, or maybe paying a fee for the publicity? They really sell animals? To labs?

badger
November 27th, 2004, 07:11 PM
More grief, which I don't need. My neighbour has started to take pictures of my cats as they come up the back stairs. Presumably he's trying to 'make a case' against me, maybe he thinks I have ten cats up here; in reality there are only two but a few visitors who like to sun on the balcony make it seem like more. This guy is a piece of work, he has already complained to the suoer that I move furniture at night (please...)

Hate to overreact, but if anybody has any suggestions regarding alternatives for the visitor, described above, I am ALL ears. Or if not, a foolproof way of offing the jerk downstairs.

Bugsy
November 27th, 2004, 11:27 PM
Badger

Be careful. The city rules are if you give an animal food/water/shelter, legally it is yours. If your neighbour calls Berger Blanc you will be held accountable for these cats... all of them. Even if they do not live with you. My fear is... if he is taking photos he may already be aware of this.

badger
November 27th, 2004, 11:53 PM
So what does that mean, taken to its logical conclusion ?(not that I own any of these cats - I know where they all live - the only one I feed regularly is a feral, and they'll never catch him)

chico2
November 28th, 2004, 09:41 AM
Badger,I am so sorry,there are such jerks out there..I can't believe such an idiot :evil:
I too have a neighbor who complains about me,feeding birds etc...but she can do nothing,this is my property!
Your situation is different,but I doubt the city would do anything,they have more important matters to deal with...
Taking pictures in the stairs only means there are strange cats around,no proof that you keep them in your apt.I don't know the lay-out of your building,but I assume it's a small building,with only a few tenants.
We have a 3-cat/pr house law here in Oakville,but a couple of friends of mine each have 5 cats,but then they do not have your neighbor :evil:
I am sure the shelter does not want anymore cats and I am hoping they would not get involved...
What I would do,I would ignore this jerk,even though I would like to trip him in the stairs :thumbs up he probably gets a thrill from causing you grief..
I also know you'll not stop caring for these poor creatures so really all you can do is endure this jerk,hoping he'll move out..the only person I would be concerned about is your landlord,but if you pay your rent on time every month,I doubt he'll do anything(I hope!!)

badger
November 28th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Chico, thanks for the reassuring message, you're right of course. What with the visitor keeping me up half the night and my own cats in a bit of turmoil as a result (stock market tip: Rescue Remedy going sky high!), it's all been a bit trying. I PM'd you.

badger
November 28th, 2004, 09:35 PM
Bump, bump...new pic.

chico2
November 29th, 2004, 08:52 AM
Poor baby(but lucky to be with you)if people could only experience the purry love and devotion of these sweet little things,give them a chance,there would not be so much suffering.
I hate to think what the coming winter will do to all the unwanted kittys out there :sad:

Lucky Rescue
November 30th, 2004, 11:57 AM
He's adorable. Here is the Petfinder listing I made for him. Let me know if I should add anything else.
http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3697019&adTarget=468petsgeneral&SessionID=41aca57804a59c31-app3&display=&preview=1&row=0&tmpl=&stat=

Lucky Rescue
November 30th, 2004, 01:08 PM
We may have a place for this cat!! I"m emailing you.

Lucky Rescue
November 30th, 2004, 07:12 PM
Our vet will take him! I emailed AND PM'd you, to make sure you see this.

Time is of the essence!

chico2
December 1st, 2004, 09:15 AM
Lucky,that would be great :thumbs up It seems to me,a cat has a greater chance of adoption at the vets office,at least at my vets...my vet told me up until last week they've adopted out 43 cats this year.
There was an orange de-clawed cat there in the summer,I could not stop thinking of him and his poor paws but the vet showed me pictures of a very happy kitty in his new home.
Lucky and Badger,you are kitty- :angel:

badger
December 1st, 2004, 10:45 AM
Dorian Gray is leaving tomorrow for a clinic in Dorion, where he will be checked, vaccinated, neutered and adopted out. He is looking forward to it immensely and knows he is an extremely lucky boy. Thanks everyone.

Lucky Rescue
December 1st, 2004, 11:30 AM
You can thank Debbie Raymond for this.:)

chico2
December 1st, 2004, 05:06 PM
Thank you Debbie Raymond and Badger and Lucky,another life saved :thumbs up

Lucky Rescue
December 3rd, 2004, 03:12 PM
Dorian is our boy now, and he'll get a wonderful and loving home.:)

He got neutered this morning (too bad he can't come to the adoption event tomorrow!!) and the vet staff is simply raving about his beauty and they're not giving to gushing over every cat. :D

chico2
December 3rd, 2004, 04:22 PM
Awwww Lucky,that's so good to hear :thumbs up I am not going to"gush"anymore about you guys,but you are simply the best!!!

badger
December 3rd, 2004, 04:47 PM
Lucky, would they not have to vaccinate him first? When I take cats to the vet here there's always a ten-day waiting period.

Glad he's such a hit :) I know how to pick 'em!

twinmommy
December 4th, 2004, 10:05 PM
aawwwww!! I love stories that end like this!!! Good job guys!!

Dorian est chanceux que des gars comme toi existe, Badger!!!

And of course, thanks to Lucky!! :)