Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Evolve Dog food

moontamara
November 24th, 2004, 09:48 PM
Can't get Perfomatrin (did I spell it right?) in Korea, but I recently found Evolve, which is very pricey, but seems to be working out great with Casey. The first 10 ingredients are:

Chicken
chicken meal
ground white rice
brown rice
beet pulp
barley
rice bran
chicken fat
menhaden fish meal
dried egg product

The rest of the ingredients include some veggies like kelp, peas and spinach, some vitamins, calcium supplements, etc. It's supposed to be all natural which sounds good to me.

Anyone else using this, heard of it, or have any opinions? If you don't think it sounds that good, feel free to inform me (I'd rather not shell out an arm and a leg if it isn't great for Casey!)

Hound_Dog
November 24th, 2004, 10:28 PM
I'd be interested to know too. In the city I live in, one can only get Pro Plan, Science Diet or Ekenuba.

My guys are on pro plan (my vet's recommendation) and one of them is on a special food....can't remember the name...I'll check when I get home.

moontamara
November 24th, 2004, 10:35 PM
I've heard that Eukanaba isn't great, and I've seen the ingredient list on Science diet (too much corn). Pro-plan is the best of the three you mentioned, and it is also what I fall back on when I can't make it to the pet store area of Seoul. I found Evolve in a rather big vet clinic on Chungmuro street. If your pooches are okay on Pro-plan you might as well stick to it for now, as having dog food shipped from Seoul could really get pricey!!

chico2
November 24th, 2004, 11:30 PM
Moonie,Evolve is excellent food,it's a bit pricey here too :thumbs up