For those who live near, the ukc dog show is on this weekend, in Montreal

www.bluewhippet.net

SarahJane
November 23rd, 2004, 09:35 PM
I'll be there Sunday! Yee haw! :crazy:

http://www.ukc.ca/show/index.htm

Delirium
November 24th, 2004, 07:29 AM
Is this one of those ones that won't accept dogs if they're fixed?

Dee

SarahJane
November 24th, 2004, 10:25 AM
Hmm, I really don't know... maybe www.ukc.ca would have more info on that. They run this dog show.

meimei
November 24th, 2004, 11:04 AM
It's become a toss up, because this Saturday is also the "Blessing of Pets" in Hudson...

Saturday is my only fun day so I don't know how I'm going to attend both places on the same day......................

I really want to get my pets blessed. Last time I did it brought us great luck.
:]

Delirium
November 24th, 2004, 11:06 AM
I can't find anything specific listed on those sites. Does anyone know the answer? Is this one of those shows that denies and/or penalizes for fixing?

Dee

SarahJane
November 24th, 2004, 12:25 PM
Hey Meimei,

I was just on the Animatch (www.animatch.ca) site and I noticed it said that the blessing of the pets was on Dec. 4th.... so maybe you can come to the show on Saturday? :)

meimei
November 25th, 2004, 08:08 AM
I'll have to look into that. Best of my knowledge the blessing is this weekend.
hmmmmmm. Will let everyone know.

maddoxies
November 25th, 2004, 06:36 PM
Please let me know, I would like to take my guys, although God has already blessed Valentin, since he was recently rescued from a puppy mill. :love:

pitbulliest
November 25th, 2004, 06:42 PM
Where does the blessing of the pets take place and when?
My other question is whether or not the Dog Show will be featured on TV at all? I'm from Toronto but I want to know whether or not I can watch it on TV.

So yeah...that question and the one about the blessing...anyone? :)

Lucky Rescue
November 25th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Blessing of the pets will take place at the event I announced in the Rescue Section.:)

The place is the Hudson Community Center - 394 Main Road in Hudson - from 11:00 - 4:00 on December 4th.

Games, pets' pics with Santa, bake/craft sale also, and many rescues will be there (no animals) and Lucky Rescue will be there also (with kitties!)

moontamara
November 25th, 2004, 08:02 PM
Is the blessing of pets a religious thing? I ask because I really don't know.... I've never heard of that before. Anyway who performs such a ceremony and what's involved? I can't attend anyway, but I have an inquiring mind ;)

meimei
November 26th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Hi Moontara

It's only a relgious thing if you want it to be.
It's a sensation thing really, inspirational and a "feel-good" thing.

I don't know of anyone who came away from this wonderful experience feeling bad. It's good fun. You'll meet lots of other "humans" with their pets.

Hopefully the weather will be nice.