Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Where is everyone from??

Cameleon3
November 23rd, 2004, 04:22 PM
Where is everyone from?? and if u want to share and it's not too personal...female or male?? age?? work or school??

melanie
November 23rd, 2004, 04:37 PM
hellooooo helloooo chameleon, so who are you, what are you stats and demo chamo?? :crazy: :D

today i am a person waiting, waiting for my christmas hampers to come, yay, have paid all year and today they come, its like an early xmas pressy, but they say you have to be home btw 7am and 7pm for the delivery, ahhhh i m a person waiting. do you have xmas hampers where you come from??

i am from the sunny land of the wizard, yes that is oz. i am female most days, but i swear some days i could jsut be a man, jsut so i could make my husband do the house work properly ha yeah right, or i really do think i would make a fantastic drag queen, no seriously i do, i really have it down, so if i was a man i would do that for a job. . i m a lovely 28yrs old and enjoying being on this side of 30.

i am 12days away from handing in my master thesis, eeeeekk. how freaky, and i dont really have a job at the mo, i make jewelery and sell it at the local markets but thats it, i jsut couldnt be bothered working, it jsut wont fint into my lifestyle today, and i just could not sacrifice my quality of life now could i :crazy: :crazy:

but i will one day. and who are you comon now?? welcoooome and welcommmmeee :D :crazy:

Cameleon3
November 23rd, 2004, 04:42 PM
Me?? just an average joe. I live in Montreal, Canada. 24 years old. Portuguese. Work for an online trading center for 4 years now. I bought a house last year and live with my gf and our new little pain in the butt beagle that I love very much.

anything else...just ask.. :) Now everyone else's turn... ;)

Oh yeah..and my pic is in the "would be nice - faces" if u care...

Schwinn
November 23rd, 2004, 05:29 PM
I live just north of Newmarket, 33 (in years, described as a big kid. Usually that's a compliment). Currently work in a call centre for an investment company, am applying to several police forces.

Next?

jackieb
November 23rd, 2004, 05:30 PM
well i emmigrated to ontario Canada on the 28th August 2004 from england enjoying it so far but i am very home sick still. I am 29 female think being male must be easier lol. I will be 30 in june not looking forward to this lol

I am a house wife mother of 3 lively boys the eldest is 4 and 8 months the middle one just 3 and the little one 16 months and my photo is in the same thread.

heidiho
November 23rd, 2004, 05:57 PM
Phoenix Arizona,finance car auction

Schwinn
November 23rd, 2004, 06:20 PM
well i emmigrated to ontario Canada on the 28th August 2004 from england enjoying it so far but i am very home sick still. I am 29 female think being male must be easier lol. I will be 30 in june not looking forward to this lol

I am a house wife mother of 3 lively boys the eldest is 4 and 8 months the middle one just 3 and the little one 16 months and my photo is in the same thread.

Yeeeaaa...about the winter's here...

Actually, that isn't entirely true. What part of Ontario? I moved from one part where they golf 10 months of the year, to a part where I woke up to snow over the hood of my car.

Either way, welcome!

Writing4Fun
November 23rd, 2004, 06:45 PM
Cameleon3, bienvenue! Sorry, I don't know how to say it in Portuguese (hey, there's an idea for another thread - welcoming people in different languages).

Here's me - Born 'n' raised in Montreal. Moved to Ontario coming up on 6yrs ago. Married, 30something yrs old. Mom to 2 lovely boys, a female puppy and a male cat. Worked for a major insurance company for 14yrs (recently end-dated :party: ). Currently a SAHM, looking to become a WAHM, either in a telecommuting position for an existing company (any takers?) or starting my own business (doing what, I have no idea). Sorry, no pics of me allowed - cameras burst into flames with every attempt.

Schwinn, you and I are practically neighbors! I'm just south of Barrie!

Schwinn
November 23rd, 2004, 06:49 PM
Schwinn, you and I are practically neighbors! I'm just south of Barrie!

I thought you looked familiar. You must live across the lake from me!

SarahJane
November 23rd, 2004, 06:56 PM
26 year old gal here from Montreal. I live near downtown with my BF of 5 years. I am currently working in online marketing. I am looking for my forever furbaby come this new year! :party: I can't wait! :)

Writing4Fun
November 23rd, 2004, 07:04 PM
Schwinn - oh, you're from that side of the lake! Kidding, kidding! :D It's all good out here. Ever been ice-fishing? A buddy has a hut. Ice-fishing - now there's a sport I could never figure out. :rolleyes:

Karin
November 23rd, 2004, 07:16 PM
Schwinn - oh, you're from that side of the lake! Kidding, kidding! :D It's all good out here. Ever been ice-fishing? A buddy has a hut. Ice-fishing - now there's a sport I could never figure out. :rolleyes:

I reside in Florida and I refuse to fish for ice..lol!

Writing4Fun
November 23rd, 2004, 07:33 PM

LMAO!! :crazy: You crack me up! No,no, dear. It's a silly game men invented to escape their wives. They had to find something they knew their wives would never be stupid enough to do. So they came up with this "sport" where they sit out on a frozen lake, cut a hole in it, drop a fishing line through the hole, and then drink beer until someone decides it's time to go home. :p

dmc123
November 23rd, 2004, 07:56 PM
My name is Diane, I live in North Carolina, USA. 2 dogs, 5 cats, love 'em all. :)

~~dmc

Schwinn
November 23rd, 2004, 08:02 PM

Yea, not for me. I'm actually told that that's how my town got started. One day a big wind came up and blew all the huts onto the shore, and everyone just stayed.

I asked a friend why they would ice fish, and they suggested that really it was about the hanging out and drinking beer. I suggested that's why I have a basement...with a furnace.

chico2
November 23rd, 2004, 08:05 PM
Well,here we go again :I was born,raised,married in Stocholm,Sweden. 3 sons(grown and flown the coop!),3 cats and one hubbie,married almost 40yrs,so it probably makes me the oldest here,at 60,but it's an honor.
oh yeah,I forgot,we live in Oakville Ontario Canada.

DogueLover
November 23rd, 2004, 08:12 PM
Hi all!
I am a SAHM for a family of 4 and one meathead............ well sometimes two meatheads ( if husbands can be included in that number)
My kids are 15,13,4 and almost 3 and of course my hubby and the other meathead, our four year old Bordeaux, Angel.
I love being at home, but in the winter I get out and teach power skating,,,,, feels good to yell at someone else`s kids and get paid for it HA HA HA just kidding.

I am 35, and live in Leader, Saskatchewan Canada.
No pics of me, will try to post some here in the near future.

Love this site and the forums, there is so much to talk to everyone about. :thumbs up

twinmommy
November 23rd, 2004, 08:36 PM
my name is Lori, living out in Pincourt, montreal area. Wife for 3 years now, and mommy to 2 baby girls, 2dogs, and 2 cats. Friends call us "the ark" :)
We like it, it fits. :love:

Bearsmom
November 23rd, 2004, 08:37 PM
Greetings all: I'm pretty new here, so I guess I'll jump right in....

36 yr old female, firefighter (formerly an electrician), married for 6 yrs to an electrician, mom to 20 month old hellcat known as Robbie, who is a busy busy busy boy.....I think he's going to be the death of me.

Mom to Bear (165 lb mastiff/lab/rottie mix), and Aerial, the world's b*tchiest diva cat (but we love her just the same).

Oh, and we live in Orangeville, Ontario.

louie's mum
November 23rd, 2004, 09:26 PM
44 (eek, how did THAT happen ;) ) & female from Windsor, ontario, have lived in oakville, toronto, royal oak michigan and my latest was florida (casselberry & ft lauderdale) for 7 years. yes, i miss the weather in the winter but am coping pretty well.
unfortunately split from long time love of 23 years and came back home to windsor 3 years ago to be surrounded by family and friends. the apt owners made it very difficult to have a furbaby move in so i was quite lonely.
have been on disability for 18 years. was fortunate enough to buy a little house in june and all that was missing was a 4 legged 'child'. i did think it would be an adult canine rescue from the humane society but then louie sauntered (should i say 'galloped') into my life a few short weeks ago and i couldn't be any happier about that.
even the thought of him being in the hospital overnight had my lip quivering. was thrilled to find out today it would only be for the day (for neutering)
life is pretty good.
always find a reason to get up in the a.m. louie is now a huge inspiration to keep fighting the good fight :D so true what they say about the health benefits to having pets. he's SO comforting to me there are no more words. ;)

daisy18216
November 23rd, 2004, 09:52 PM
Hello my name is Ann and I'm 26yrs old as you can tell I'm a female. I'm a housewife (who's looking for a ligit at home job), I'm married to a police officer and I have 3 lovely children and 3 furbabies and 1 rescue (who's at dad's house).

My children:

Jenn- 6yrs old
Tyler- 3yrs old
Chris Jr- 2yrs old

My FurBabies:

Ruger- German Shepard 4yrs old
Petie- Pit Bull 2yrs old
Thor- Pit Bull Mix age unknown

My Rescue Furbaby that I want to keep

Yukon (posted a thread about him on main page) Pit Bull 6-8months old

Wanting to buy a house soon (hubby and I want to move closer to his job).and so I can bring Yukon home.

If I missed anything that you would like to know let me know and I'll answer you.

BTW, I live about 5 mins. from Hazleton, PA.

Karin
November 23rd, 2004, 11:30 PM

LMAO!! :crazy: You crack me up! No,no, dear. It's a silly game men invented to escape their wives. They had to find something they knew their wives would never be stupid enough to do. So they came up with this "sport" where they sit out on a frozen lake, cut a hole in it, drop a fishing line through the hole, and then drink beer until someone decides it's time to go home. :p

They need to be tought how to fish. I make my own tackle. I catch my bait using a 9' cast net. Sometimes I get lucky and dinner comes home via my net. Oh, I do have rods & reels so the lazy fishing people do not get bored while I'm working. I am a cracker and proud. I can outfish anyone!
Ice does sound lame to me...where's the sport?

Btw, I am selective. I keep only what will be eaten. I will not kill even a stingray..they have their place.

Stewart
November 24th, 2004, 04:59 AM
Hello ! :) I am 47 married 28yrs with 2 sons 20 and 16 (we had a few years by ourselves by choise) I live in Somerset England ,2 male cats Sparky and Beemer,1 GSD female Gypsey. I work as a film producer (its cellophane transparent packaging film /sticky tape not movies) ;) lol ! I also am madly in love with my BMW motorcycle, Like most types of music and love the game of rugby football I played as a youngster and both my sons play .... but to a much higher standard than I did ;) lol! :thumbs up

jackieb
November 24th, 2004, 05:55 AM
Schwin apparantely i llive in the snow blanket it will be exicting this year but shure the novelty will were out i live in Cambridge Ontario

Cameleon3
November 24th, 2004, 09:13 AM
Wow..thanks for the great response!!! U guys and ladies seem to be a close little community. Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!!!

heidiho
November 24th, 2004, 09:27 AM
Ok Bearsmom i have got to see this dog.Where are the pics/??

Rainy
November 24th, 2004, 10:35 AM
Hello,I'm new here also.33 year old mommy to 2 boys(human) 1 kitty and 3 guinea pigs :) We're in Pierrefonds ,Quebec.

Chatocat
November 24th, 2004, 10:53 AM
Well, I'm from Maryland (birth certificate says so), lived in Mt. Dora Florida for 12 years, moved to Tennessee and stayed for 12 years and now I reside in Montreal, Quebec. I'm 30 and will be 31 in March (oh joy). I'm a SAHM to three girls (oldest is 5, and the youngest are twins and they are 4) and have been married for 6 1/2 years. I currently have six wonderful cats. They are Marc (4 years), Sabrina (4 years), Marbles (1 year), Banks (10 months), Miss Fancy (10 months) and Mr. Maggoo (7 months).

GsdDiamond
November 24th, 2004, 11:04 AM
I'll join in...what the heck...good moods are made for sharing!

I'm a 36 year old female living in the most extreme climate in the world...Winnipeg, Manitoba. (scientists have said so!)
I currently work as the sole assistant to the manager of network/telecommunications at our company. My role is that of network administrator / senior help desk. I inherit the role of manager in approx 5 years, so I'm training for it now.

Happily married for 2 months (and a little bit), although I lived in sin for 6 years! :evil: :p Mom to a 9 1/2 month old GSD young lady (see avatar).

Next?

CarlaD
November 24th, 2004, 11:24 AM
I am 25 years old and I live in Whitby, ON. I am married and have two bealges, Charlie and Willy.

I am an event manager for a Toronto firm.

mastifflover
November 24th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Well I live in Toronto and am 46 years young I have 1 English Mastiff Buddy who is a rescue. When we used to have a film industry (as of last year but our fiberals have screwed that industry over as well imagine they lied about giving back tax credits) I work as an asst. production coordinator. I love my job bet you don't hear that often wish we had work. I have had the pleasure of working on Chicago a Canadian Production filmed in Toronto and winner of a bunch of Academy Awards two that have homes with Toronto residents. Right now I am working in an office the usual dull 9-6 kind of job.

Dukieboy
November 24th, 2004, 12:07 PM
Hey!

I am female, 41years (OMG when did that happen?) living in downtown Toronto with my male partner and my dog, Duke. I have a daughter who is 24 years old and she lives in the City as well. Duke's sister Alice lives with her. I have been a Case Worker with the City for the last 15 years. :)

lilith_rizel
November 24th, 2004, 12:14 PM
I am 20 years old, live in Fort Meade, Maryland, and housewife. I have one dog, and a husband that could count as a child, he loves those video games, and when he's playing a game, you had better not bother him. It is either video games or TV (sometimes both at once) as soon as he gets home!!! But I gotta love him. :D

coonlover
November 24th, 2004, 01:10 PM
Do we have to tell our ages? :eek: Born and raised in Windsor moved here to Brantford 2 yrs ago 38 yrs old, mother of 1 girl 13 going on 25, met my honey here last yr and we just celebrated our 1st anniversery he has 3 kids and moved here to brantford shortly before me from montreal for his son who is blind, brantford has a school for the blind so maybe it was fate that brought us here to find each other and fall deeply in love. Oh ya we have 2 kittys so far ,Pepper and Yoshi :love:

Major's Mom
November 24th, 2004, 03:30 PM
Howdy everyone, from Oklahoma USA. I'm a wife, mother of twin boys (13yrs) and mommy to Major, 3month old Mini Schnauzer. :)

Copper'sMom
November 24th, 2004, 03:50 PM
OLA!!

I am 27 and currently live in Simcoe,ON with my fiance, 2 dogs, 4 cats, 2 Oscars, and 5 Finches! I grew up in the big town of Tillsonburg(my back still aches.......). We have a transmission shop in Paris,ON. I'm so lucky I get to bring my Pit Bull to work with me everyday!!!!!

Ling
November 24th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Born and raised in Delta BC (close to Vancouver). 6 months ago I moved out of my parents place & bought a TH out in Port Coquitlam and now living with my BF, and our new pup - have had her just over 3 months now.
Average office job, pushing the paper around - but my boss has been really nice and lets me bring my pup to work with me too. She spends most of the day in her "house" sleeping (or staring at me - which kind of freaks me out when I turn around and shes just sitting there staring at me) but I love having her close by and we go for walks during lunch - rain or shine! (It's been pouring rain all day - 2 hours since we got back from our lunch time walk and my pants are still wet!)

Terrie
November 24th, 2004, 07:51 PM
Hi I'm Terrie

I'm as old as you want me to be, mother of 23 month old GSD.
Import Supervisor at a Custom broker, schooling in Computer servicing and maintenance... Lived in Windsor "ALL" my life..

Love the season, don't like the geographical area!! : :mad:

louie's mum
November 24th, 2004, 07:55 PM
Love the season, don't like the geographical area!! : :mad:

lol terrie ... i love ur quote :D

CyberKitten
November 24th, 2004, 08:19 PM
In thought we did this before but I'll give you the basics. I live in northern NB - after a long career in pediatrics (MD-PhD from Harvard where they did not teach typing or spelling), I obtained a Phd in compsci and teach that, do research in biotech and medtech, teach bioethics at the med school - mostly CME's - and work PT at an ER. (on call for peds)

I have one almost three mo old Seal Point Siamese kitten who I think is the cutest in the world ;) named Yin Yin.

I am divorced - no children, a nephew in univ in Vt and a nephew Choc lab, lol (and will have a 6 yo niece when my brother gets married).

I also Chair a hospital Board and serve on many nonprofits.

That is the short ver, lol

BamaRama
November 24th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Wow, what an eclectic set of people around here!

I'm 23, (on dec. 14th) live in Toronto, Ontario, and I'm almost finished training to be a hairstylist. My boyfriend and I live together, with our 3 kitties, Elmo (2, he's deaf), Gonzo, (1 1/2) and Scooter (4-5 months), and my green cheeked conure, Peanut (he's around 6-8 months.)

Bearsmom
November 24th, 2004, 09:52 PM
Ok Bearsmom i have got to see this dog.Where are the pics/??

I keep trying to post them, and it's always over the whatchamacallit limits of megahoochiecoo picture limits. Don't worry, I'll figure it out before I die.

Writing4Fun
November 24th, 2004, 10:10 PM
...and it's always over the whatchamacallit limits of megahoochiecoo picture limits...
LOL! Is that the technical term for it? That has to be one of the best quotes I've seen in a while - right up there with the neutering post about "his little dingleberries". :D

I find Microsoft Paint very easy to use for resizing pics. You can keep checking the pic's "attributes" to make sure you're making a dent in the "megahoochiecoos". I think if you save it as a jpeg instead of a bmp, that helps too (?). I'm looking forward to seeing your pics too. Do you ever saddle him up? :p

Delirium
November 24th, 2004, 10:14 PM
LOL to the ice fishing hut comment.

I too live in Keswick rofl.

Ice fishing capital of Canada!

Female, 27, Committed, working as a Sr. HR Analyst in Toronto.

Dee

Bearsmom
November 24th, 2004, 10:22 PM
LOL! Is that the technical term for it? That has to be one of the best quotes I've seen in a while - right up there with the neutering post about "his little dingleberries". :D

I find Microsoft Paint very easy to use for resizing pics. You can keep checking the pic's "attributes" to make sure you're making a dent in the "megahoochiecoos". I think if you save it as a jpeg instead of a bmp, that helps too (?). I'm looking forward to seeing your pics too. Do you ever saddle him up? :p

Hoookay-you lost me at Microsoft Paint....got your work cut out for ya, dontcha??? LOL

Writing4Fun
November 24th, 2004, 10:31 PM
*chuckle* If you'd like, you can e-mail the pics to me and I'll resize and post them for you. Let me know.

Bearsmom
November 24th, 2004, 10:34 PM
Excellent, thanks.

CyberKitten
November 24th, 2004, 11:22 PM
There must be a program with your digital camera Bearsmom - it will resize no doubt. Paint will do it too but it is not that great a program. If you convert your tiffs and bmps to jpegs, they will automatically become smaller -and no resiizing may be necessary.

Good luck!

TobsterMom
November 24th, 2004, 11:31 PM
Hey folks. I'm 26 year old Vet Assistant from Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. I'm married and have a beautiful 6 year old son and a lovely 15 month old Golden named Toby. We are looking to adopt another dog and while searching for rescues, I found this board :)

cheers :cool:

Writing4Fun
November 24th, 2004, 11:58 PM
Paint will do it too but it is not that great a program. If you convert your tiffs and bmps to jpegs, they will automatically become smaller -and no resiizing may be necessary.
Hi CK. Yeah, Paint is very basic, but when it comes to something simple like resizing, I find Paint to be really easy to use. Thanks for confirming the jpeg thing - I never really knew this for sure, because all my pics are automatically saved as jpeg, so I've never had to convert. :)

heeler's rock!
November 25th, 2004, 12:04 AM
Okay, here goes! My name is Pami and I got married on March 6th of this year. We live in Calgary and I was a dog walker, but am returning to the oil and gas industry. I am hoping to become a Land Administrator, but need to get in the door with a good company that will help pay for schooling and then I can retire with them!!! That's the plan anyways! Hubby is applying to be a cop. I'm 23 going on 2! :D We are the proud parents of 8 furbabies, and 2 slimybabies! Here they are in order of importance! Just kidding! LOL!! :) In no particular order:

Red 8 year old heeler cross
Kia 14 month old border collie
Helix 14 month old heeler cross
Elliot 7 month old tabby
Jacob 7 month old tabby
Nova 1 year old DMH
Kiwi 2 year old mini rex
Onyx 1 year old dwarf lop
Sprocket and Cogs toads we've had for over a year now.

moontamara
November 25th, 2004, 02:06 AM
Hi! Born in Saskatoon Saskatchewan, raised in Kenora Ontario, university schooled in Thunder Bay Ontario, and now married and somewhat settled over here in South Korea!

Edited to add: I'm female and 28 :)

shihtzulover
November 25th, 2004, 09:15 AM
Hi, I am 26, born and raised in Halifax, Nova Scotia. I have 2 cats Pepper (5yrs) Joey (4yrs) and a Shih Tzu Sophie (6 mths). I have been married for 3 1/2 years. I worked in the airline industry for about 7 years, then left, I am now a buyer for a food service company.

kimbilly
November 25th, 2004, 09:41 AM
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and am so far addicted.

I am a 26 year old happily married girl :) My husband and I are from South Africa, we lived in London, England for 6 years before moving to Toronto 2 years ago. So far so good, we are now the proud parents of 11 week old Bentley the Beagle.

I think everyone on here is great, the different outlooks make for some interesting discussions :)

jackieb
November 25th, 2004, 09:56 AM
Kimbilly my husbands from london orgianally and his parents Walthamstow cant spell lol!! I lived in Bedfordshire for 19 years then moved about alot in england we tried southern Ireland Eire for 9 months back to England for a while then we emmigrated to Ontario on the 28th August liking it so far but am home sick!!

heidiho
November 25th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Ok Bearsmom i will be waiting

maddoxies
November 25th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Wow, what a small world.

I am 48 in a couple of week (when the heck did THAT happen). Born & raised in Oshawa, Ontario, CarlaD-my siser lives in Whitby, Coonlover-my sister used to live in Brantford. I lived in Toronto for 20 years and then moved to Montreal 2.5 yrs ago. For all you folks in Keswick, my niece lives there with her hubby who is the youth pastor at one of the Baptist churches in Keswick.

I am divorced, live with two "men" (my golden and doxie) and am an internal auditor for a food service company. My territory is Eastern Canada, so I do get out by you folks in Nova Scotia.

Like I said, a small world :)

CyberKitten
November 25th, 2004, 06:49 PM
goldengirl, does that food service comapny have any contracts with hospitals in the Maritimes?

maddoxies
November 25th, 2004, 07:39 PM
yes, we do

CyberKitten
November 25th, 2004, 09:42 PM
Can I ask which ones? I may have passed you in the hall, lol

Hound_Dog
November 26th, 2004, 02:19 AM
I was born and raised in Edmonton, Alberta and now live in beautiful JeonJu, S.Korea. I'm a 28 year old guy who is getting hitched in 5 weeks to the most wonderful girl on the planet. When we're not teaching English or planning or making wedding plans, we're spending time with KimBop, KimChi, SoJu, and Cafri...the four best dogs in all of Korea (sorry Moontamara :) )