Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My head is going to explode!!

raingirl
November 23rd, 2004, 11:38 AM
Ever heard of the "tip of the tongue phenomenom". I have that RIGHT NOW!!

I am trying to think of a word that means something that's hard to explain.

Say for instance..someone has a history of "X" where "X" is a history of non-specific exisitance of a problem...

Cyberkitten, your in medicine right??

It's so hard to explain. I'm trying to say that someone has a pre-existing history of head "something" where "something" is a pre-existing existance of head problems (like stroke, anurysms, etc..).

It's a -ology word like etiology...but I can't remember it!! It's driving me nuts!!

CyberKitten
November 23rd, 2004, 11:47 AM
I may still be in a fog from last night but I am not sure what you mean. But is it idipathic? Idipathic is when one is not certain of the etiology.

(I so hope this is it, lol)

Good luck!!

raingirl
November 23rd, 2004, 11:51 AM
Hm...not exactly. I need a word that explains a history of medical treatment to the head. I'm trying to explain that the current complaint of my claimant is not due to an accident, but due to a pre-existing history of head problems.

(btw-glad you're ok after hitting a moose. In Ontario such accidents usually result in death)

badger
November 23rd, 2004, 11:56 AM
You just explained it perfectly. Instead of 'problems', would trauma fit?

Marko ran over a moose?

Dukieboy
November 23rd, 2004, 11:57 AM
history of neurological disorders? pathology?

badger
November 23rd, 2004, 11:58 AM
Pathology would be disease, trauma would be if he had suffered a concussion in a fall, for example. Are we close?

Dukieboy
November 23rd, 2004, 12:09 PM
biologically or genetically based?

raingirl
November 23rd, 2004, 12:24 PM
PATHOLOGY!!! Thats the word!! Not trauma because it's things like a stroke or anurysm. Things that happened before the accident that are causing the problems now, not the trauma from the accident.

Thanks Dukie!!

CyberKitten
November 23rd, 2004, 12:28 PM
Re: Hm...not exactly. I need a word that explains a history of medical treatment to the head. I'm trying to explain that the current complaint of my claimant is not due to an accident, but due to a pre-existing history of head problems.

Could you say the patient (client) presented with a history of systemic neurological trauma or histopathological head trauma????

Re:(btw-glad you're ok after hitting a moose. In Ontario such accidents usually result in death)

Thanks! Here too, an encounter with a moose that large is usually death!! We are enormously lucky! (I am still finding shreds of glass in my hair)

Dukieboy
November 23rd, 2004, 01:23 PM
PATHOLOGY!!! Thats the word!! Not trauma because it's things like a stroke or anurysm. Things that happened before the accident that are causing the problems now, not the trauma from the accident.

Thanks Dukie!!

welcome!!! :)

CyberKitten
November 23rd, 2004, 01:59 PM
Glad you found the word!! I am not certain I'd use pathology in dictating or giving a medical history save postmortem (hesiate to use THAT term after my close encounter last night, lol) (then again, in a science experiment, you could certainly say the patholgy of the brain - there is a noted journal called Neuropathology <g>) Then again, pathology is the study of disease so maybe it is a most useful term!

Anyway, good luck with the report.

The pathology of my brain underachieving today - I think it is still in shock, lol Anyhow, I better to go lie down to recharge the batteries - and I seem to have a strained wrist, NOT what one who uses a computer frequently needs!