Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Justice passed his aggression test yesterday!!

Heinz57
November 22nd, 2004, 07:00 PM
Oh I'm sooooo happy!! :love: I had my heart set on this precious face http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3589569&adTarget=468doggeneral&SessionID=41a278d03e021ea0-app2&display=&preview=&row=0&tmpl=&stat=
but he was adopted out to a family last Sunday. For those who haven't read he was returned the NEXT day for "growling at thier baby". He sat caged for 4 days and was tested yesterday. He passed with flying colors!! I called NASAP first thing this morning and NO ONE called back all day, I was so sad thinking he must have failed and was PTS. So I mustered up the courage to "bother" his previous foster home, and they have him back! They'd like to keep him there for a week to build him back up to what he was before all of this trauma. I TOTALLY agree, and he seemed happy to be back there! I've been physically ill over the past few days thinking about this dog :o I thought his name was perfect BEFORE as he seemed so down trodden and in need of confidence building, and I just thought it would be perfect "Justice" for me to end up with him and give him the tons of love that he deserves. Well, now I think it's "poetic Justice" that he was returned and I still have a chance for him. I'm going to spend the next few days day making certain I am up to the challenge of raising a nervous, shy pup. I don't think I need anymore time, but I'll discuss it with the kids and hubby ONE MORE time. :p Keep your fingers crossed for this pup, I think I'm just what he needs and he's just what I need. I'm over the moon that he passed, I don't know what test they used as NASAP still hasn't called, but the foster home said they even did the plastic hand in the dish test for food and he backed away. I hope this is meant to be. :D I'm all a mess of tears because I was prepared to hear the worst being as he's only 6 mnths, moved around so much in one short week after a crappy start at life to begin with. Yay for you Justice!

Schwinn
November 22nd, 2004, 07:11 PM
Yay Justice! :party:

And he's a good looking dog, too! I hope he doesn't go back to the original family, I think they may have over-reacted. Don't get me wrong, you should always be concerned when a dog growls at anyone, especially a child, but the fact that they took him back, and gave him an aggression test. Especially if he didn't get aggressive when the put the hand in the food. My personal experience is that MOST dogs will nip or bite on that one (though I have no scientific background to back that up).

Good for him!

Heinz57
November 22nd, 2004, 07:15 PM
The ADOPTIVE family is long gone. They are out of the picture. He's back at his FOSTER home. They were terribly upset at all of this, they would NEVER place him back with them.

Writing4Fun
November 22nd, 2004, 07:16 PM
Way to go, Justice! What a handsome devil, too. I'm so glad he passed, and things are looking up for the beautiful puppy. :thumbs up

louie's mum
November 22nd, 2004, 07:17 PM
wooohooo :party:
congratulations. hope everything turns out the way it should
:D

lilith_rizel
November 22nd, 2004, 07:21 PM
Well, I hope that Justice goes to the right home next time, and hopefully that right home is your home.

DogueLover
November 22nd, 2004, 08:39 PM
Way to Go Justice :thumbs up
From my personal experience working with Rottweillers, especially those who have been shuffled around and perhaps even abused, they do come around once they realize you are not gonna just shove them around some more and that they can trust you. It takes a lot of patience but trust me the rewards are soooooo worth it.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you :)

Cinnabear
November 23rd, 2004, 10:06 AM
Yay Justice. :crazy: I'm so happy that he passed his aggression test. :)

mastifflover
November 23rd, 2004, 10:20 AM
Well Justice will hopefully be with you in no time. Dogue is so right every dog that I have gotten from rescue has been shuffled around or abused and it just takes lots of time and patience. I also have found just leaving them to inspect everything on their own and let them come to you. I find talking to them in a normal tone is soothing to them. Buddy took about 4 days till he got up when I came home from work to see me. Well things have really come full circle now he doesn't get up to greet me he rolls over and wags his tail till I give him belly rubs. But it is time and patience and conveying that feeling that you trust them dogs sense what we are thinking in my opinion.

jackieb
November 23rd, 2004, 11:51 AM
oh great new heinz hope you get justice in your home