Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sort of Dog Related...More of a Rant...

KaterinaVHill
November 22nd, 2004, 06:15 PM
This weekend my husband and I moved his married sister from one town to another one about an hour away. I was sick but went ....well I went because my husband choose to drive my new car. :mad: So....if the new car goes I go. Anywho, we had Kaleb with us too because it would have been just too long for him to stay at home.

The day was going as smoothly as expected. We got the trucks and trailer loaded and were getting ready to leave. But Hubbies sister had decided to leave her panicking dog in the next to empty apartment while we made the trip. I convinced her that the dog was stressed and to move a few items and make room for the dog too. So, sis made room in her car and loaded up the dog.

We has made one with my truck and the trailer completely full of his sis's stuff. All went well. Everything was unloaded without problems. Nearly.....

We were ready to head back to get another load of stuff when hubbies sis noticed that there was a nail in her tire on her car. So....that meant that the car would not be able to make the trip back to the old apartment and back. Not a problem. But I realized that her dog was also there....and DEFINITELY could not stay in the new house without supervision. :mad: So I got over the fact that this smelly nasty dog (yes I am a dog lover) was going to be riding in my car.....and I "forgot" that I had just saw the dog have diahreah. :( I would force a smile and we would make the trip as quick as possible.

At first all was ok. The dog, I will call her Rex for anonomity, was laying nicely on the back seat....no problem. But the longer we drove, the more anxious "Rex" got. She began to pace around begun to search under my car seats for who know's what. And the more she moved around, the more I thought I would vomit because of her stench....not a dirty dog stench mind you....but ....I don't even know how to describe it....doggy smell I can tolerate.

Please keep in mind that I have only had this car for 2 months and it cost more than anything I have ever owned.....Kaleb has not even rode loose in it....he always rides in his crate.

So, I noticed that "Rex" had not had her toenails trimmed in probably years.....They were curled down around the end of her toes. "It's OK" I thought to myself, "It is leather....everything will wash off....except scratches" :mad: Not long to the next stop....

We did finally get to the old apartment. "Rex" hopped out and ran around like a nut. Sis was yelling at her the whole time trying to get "Rex" to come. ....

"Rex, come here! Rex....Rex get over here. Rex Stop that and come here."

I just stood there and rolled my eyes. That is what leashes are for.

We were standing there with the doors on my car open (I forget why) and that was when "Rex" decided to get back into my car. Not only did she get back in, but she jumped from one seat to another (getting mud and sand all over my seats) while Sis called her and called her and called her......I mean "Rex" was not going to get out. Instead, she climbed into the front seat and sat on my new laptop :mad: :mad: :mad: .....Everytime Sis would open the door to call her, the dog would just to another seat. This whole time (which seemed like an eternity to me) Sis had never once offered to get a hold of the dog's collar and MAKE her get out. NOOOOOOO......it was "Rex come here, Rex stop, NOT IN THE FRONT SEAT REX, Rex come on, Here Rex, Rex you are being ugly, Rex stop Rex quit,........." Over and over and over.

I said, "Sis why don't you go inside and let me get "Rex""

"NO!" she spat back.

Gees, I was just going to put a freaking leash on the dog.

But fortunately, Hubby saw that my head was going to explode and he went to the other side of my car and got the dog by the collar and removed it from my car....not mean in any way....but just very matter of factly removed the dog that did not want to be removed.

My GOSH!! This dog is an example of my supreme pet peeve! .....Dogs that have trained their owners! The dog does what it wants and the owner begs and pleads with the dog to obey the simplest of command.

But it was not over....On the trip back to the new house the dog stayed at the old apartment and instead we got to carry 3 ferrets in a very large uncleaned cage and a skunk! I figured out where the dog's nasty smell came from .......FERRET POOP AND SKUNK!!!! We literally had to ride back to the new place with the windows down because of the smell. And even then a couple times I thought I would hurl.

Can I just add that we will NEVER be helping hubbies sis move every again!! Not gonna happen!

Oh, and I have a appointment to get my car sanitized because of skunk urine and lingering smell. :eek:

BMDLuver
November 22nd, 2004, 06:50 PM
Rotflmfao :D

sujean
November 22nd, 2004, 07:12 PM
ooooohhhhh, my hubby would have heard the end of it for not stepping in earlier... :mad:

some people are just such idiots.

Schwinn
November 22nd, 2004, 07:20 PM
Anyone else thinking of the Seinfeld episode where he couldn't get rid of the smell from his car??

Writing4Fun
November 22nd, 2004, 07:26 PM
Anyone else thinking of the Seinfeld episode where he couldn't get rid of the smell from his car??
OMG! Yes!! :D

OK, I am soooo glad my sis-in-law doesn't have any pets. What a saint you are, to have held your tongue as long as you did! :crazy:

SarahJane
November 22nd, 2004, 07:32 PM
LOL! Sounds like pure chaos! But I'll bet you'll look back and laugh like crazy at it all... one day! ;)

KaterinaVHill
November 22nd, 2004, 09:04 PM
LOL! Sounds like pure chaos! But I'll bet you'll look back and laugh like crazy at it all... one day! ;)

Perhaps......one day.....well after the car has been cleaned out.....and the new has worn off.....and probably after we are finished paying for it..... :mad:

:p