Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

lilith_rizel
November 22nd, 2004, 02:17 PM
I just want to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving. I hope you all enjoy the holiday. James and I will. We plan to stay home, maybe got to a friends house in the evening. What was really nice is that we had gotten a free Thanksgiving dinner, turkey, stuffing, cranberries, veggies, pie, and more, from ACS (Army Community Services), being that our income is very low, and he knew the lady in charge of the meal give-aways, so she said that he qualified for the free dinner, and added him to the list. The people here on post can be really caring! I can't believe it. Each family dinner basket that the ACS puts together it worth atleast $45, and they make one for every family that signed up, and qualified. They also have another program called SHARE, where you get the same basket, for $16 plus 2 hours community service.

Anyways, I hope you all have a safe holiday, and don't worry if you don't see me on for the next few days, we also have a farewell party, that we are throwing for one of James' Army friends, and will probably be spending alot of time with him before he leaves next week.

CyberKitten
November 22nd, 2004, 02:44 PM
Happy T Day to you too Lil and family. We celebrated our thanksgiving in October and it is not as big a holiday as I realize it is in the US. For me, it was a holiday - respite, lol

mastifflover
November 22nd, 2004, 03:08 PM
I would like to wish all our American friends on pet.ca a very happy Thanksgiving.

Princesss04
November 22nd, 2004, 03:16 PM
Happy turkey day to all. You all have to keep your fingers crossed this is the first time I have ever made a turkey so lets hope I do not burn it. That would be bad your first Turkey day together as husband and wife and all his family and yours and you burn the turkey. LOL This could be amussing! :party: :thumbs up

melanie
November 22nd, 2004, 03:46 PM
oh man i wish we had thanksgiving, humph :rolleyes: eat some stuff for me would ya.

heidiho
November 22nd, 2004, 04:04 PM
Cant wait to watch X-mas Vacation with Chevy Chase favorite holidaymovie..

Writing4Fun
November 22nd, 2004, 04:31 PM
Happy turkey day to all our neighbors to the south! :D :party:

glasslass
November 22nd, 2004, 05:27 PM
Everybody - - - TAKE PICTURES!!!

lilith_rizel
November 22nd, 2004, 07:03 PM
Princess,

It is the first Thanksgiving for James and I as well. I am having him cook everything. being that he has worked as a cook in a couple of restaraunts before, and I know nothing about poultry!! I just hope that the turkey turns out well.

I will try to take pictures, it depends on what all goes on.

Mel, why not just make yourself a Thanksgiving meal. It doesn't matter where you live, you can still be thankful for what you have.