Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The new Iams Commercial

PetFriendly
November 21st, 2004, 10:46 AM
Hi There

Does anyone know what kind of dog is being used in the current Iams dog food commercials? Its a larger dog, probably a mix... Its really pretty though so I'm curious to see what you all think it is?!

pitbulliest
November 21st, 2004, 11:18 AM
I've never even seen that commercial...I hate IAMS...poor dog..they'll probably end up using it for testing after the commercial :rolleyes:

DogueLover
November 23rd, 2004, 08:21 PM
Looks like a cross but not sure what cross. Has some border collie or maybe mountain dog in it not sure but it is a nice dog.

PetFriendly
November 27th, 2004, 02:22 PM
I've never even seen that commercial...I hate IAMS...poor dog..they'll probably end up using it for testing after the commercial :rolleyes:

I'm not crazy about the food either, too much preservatives, its made my pets rather stinky! They eat the higher grade Eukanuba now instead (and yes, I know the two foods are made by the same company) the food wasn't the point... I don't know much about tv star dogs, but I'm sure that most are much loved pets on top of being stars. It takes alot of time and effort to train a dog for tv...

PetFriendly
November 27th, 2004, 02:25 PM
Looks like a cross but not sure what cross. Has some border collie or maybe mountain dog in it not sure but it is a nice dog.

That's kind of what I was thinking too. But I was mixing with a Aussi Cattle dog or maybe a duck tolling retriever (for the size). What do you think?

Do you think Iams would put me in touch with the handler? I don't want the dog or anyting, I'm just curious, its a beauty dog, a mutt mix I'd might be interested in some day?!

Writing4Fun
November 27th, 2004, 02:52 PM
It is a beautiful looking dog. I was thinking Australian Shepherd, since it had no tail (that I could see). Maybe crossed with Border Collie. I don't think it's overly huge - the other actors in that commercial are all kids, after all. ;) If you wanted to get in touch with the handler, you'd probably have to call whoever Iams went to for their casting. Guess the place to start is at Iams marketing dept. As for being interested in the cross, seems to me there were oodles of beautiful BC/Aussie Shepherd crosses on petfinder - there'll probably lots more after Christmas.

PetFriendly
November 27th, 2004, 03:03 PM
As for being interested in the cross, seems to me there were oodles of beautiful BC/Aussie Shepherd crosses on petfinder - there'll probably lots more after Christmas.

I know I visit the petfinder.org site daily, but just out of curiousity. I'm not in the market for a dog right at the moment, I'm just doing research, checking breeds out, seeing what's out there. And yes, I'll be sure to check out all homelss pouches when the time comes.

SarahJane
November 27th, 2004, 05:06 PM
I know what commercial you are all talking about... it being for IAMS aside, the dog really is such a beautiful sweetie. I freak out everytime I see that commercial. I really think it has some Duck Toller in it, but I'm not sure what accounts for its brown colouring and beautiful greenish/hazel (I think?) eyes. It looks like it has shorter legs... hmm! In any case, I adore that dog! (Then again, is there a dog I DON'T like? lol)

pitbulliest
November 27th, 2004, 06:22 PM
I'm not crazy about the food either, too much preservatives, its made my pets rather stinky! They eat the higher grade Eukanuba now instead (and yes, I know the two foods are made by the same company) the food wasn't the point... I don't know much about tv star dogs, but I'm sure that most are much loved pets on top of being stars. It takes alot of time and effort to train a dog for tv...

Have you ever looked into some better quality foods? Those brands will just take the life out of your pet...........and I mean literally :(

Shae
December 5th, 2004, 12:32 PM

Do you know about the Iams company and the cruel tests they perform on animals? It's pathetic. They dont deny the testing they just claim it is necessary for their "top of the line" food. :mad: Please visit the iamscruelty website for more information. Or email me for detailed info. I am involved with demos and protests against this company. Bottom line, if you love dogs and cats...........or even just care about their wellbeing, you won't support Iams. Eukanuba btw, is affiliated with Iams , P & G

Shae
December 5th, 2004, 12:41 PM
There are a few threads here in the forum that discuss Iams.
Here is one of them.
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=6679&highlight=iams