Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Thank you for your help, Theo.

Mom_Of_Two_Dogs
November 20th, 2004, 11:06 PM
A few years back, the stress of school and family problems really took its toll on me. One day, I suffered a nervous breakdown. I was scheduled to volunteer at the shelter that week; I wanted to put it off, I felt like I had fallen to pieces. However, something inside of me told me to go, and I'm glad I did.

On my assignment sheet was a pit bull mix, named Theo. He was a smallish dog, about 31 pounds, brown brindle in colour with what I think was beagle in his heritage. Like many, he was an unclaimed stray, tossed aside like trash. Despite this, he had a heart filled with love and he was a perfect little gentlemen, always very well behaved.

It was a cold winter day when I first came to know him., When I came inside and sat on the floor, Theo curled up in my lap, wanting me to give him a hug. I gave into his request, and right there and then, the healing began.

Theo distracted me from the awful feelings that I had and the two of us formed a VERY close bond, perhaps stronger than some pet owners have with their animals -- the kind who view animals as mere disposable objects. I became very determined to find Theo a new home -- and I did. He went home to an older couple who loved him.

If it weren't for that dog, I don't know what I'd be like today. Thank you for your help, Theo.

chico2
November 21st, 2004, 07:56 AM
What a nice story,animals have an uncanny intution towards how we feel and often a warm fuzzy little body can do more for us than anything coming out of a pill-bottle.
I am happy Theo got a wonderful home,I was worried your story would have an un-happy ending for Theo.

Mom_Of_Two_Dogs
November 23rd, 2004, 11:44 PM
Thank you :)