Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Thank you to Pet Friends

maddoxies
November 20th, 2004, 07:45 PM
One of our foster dogs was riddled with cancer and had to be put to sleep this week.

Pet Friends Cemetary cremated him, free of charge as he was a rescue foster, and gave us the option of having his ashes spread at the cemetary or his urn returned to us, so he will truly have a "forever home". We have been treated with the same care and respect as a paying customer.

They are in the business of helping families with a final resting place for their beloved pets, but it is still a business, and I think it is a lovely thing for them to do for rescue animals.

Thank you Pet Friends

Dwight Byrd
November 20th, 2004, 07:55 PM
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your pet. I know all to weel the crushing pain of losing a pet that I loved so much. I too had Kokee cremeated and have his ashes here at home with me, in a special place. When I go to my final resting place, he goes with me, as will my cat Cadeau. They will always stay close to me. Take care of yourself.

trescanis
November 21st, 2004, 03:17 AM
Where is "Pet Friend Cemetery" ?

Kudo's to them...what a lovely thing to do. So very sorry to hear of your friends passing.

Trescanis http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/engel/angel-smiley-001.gif

BMDLuver
November 21st, 2004, 06:38 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss. It is extremely difficult to lose a rescue as we know only too well. Pet Friends is a great organization and they have done the same for us.

Lucky Rescue
November 21st, 2004, 12:35 PM
So sorry for your loss.:(

Averil at "Pet Friends" is a very nice and caring person.

Here is the contact info:
Pet Friends Private Cremation Service Inc
514-947-0168

Montreal, QC
Tel. : 514-947-0168

Shaykeija
November 21st, 2004, 10:28 PM
We also have a Pet Cemetary here in Sudbury. It is called Furry Paws Inn. I had Dallas and Shayker buried there. They do a head stone and you can plant all the flowers you want there. I try to got every month to visit. Next week we are putting up a Christmas tree there for my girls. Kinda like a charlie brown tree, but loaded with food for the birds.

mastifflover
November 22nd, 2004, 09:25 AM
I am so sorry about your loss. That was very nice of them to do this for you.