Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Awwww...poor little Fagan

krdahmer
November 20th, 2004, 03:21 AM
Well Fagan and his sister Shadow (the one my folks took) went for their first set of shots today and a check-up. And Shadow is healthy as a horse and about 5 lbs already! Fagan was so brave, didn't even flinch...but when she checked his eyes she also saw the 'Y' pattern that I had seen and checked out on the net. And I was right, the little fella has cataracts. She says that it is nothing to worry about in a cat this young and he may never have trouble with them. It is like us looking through bi-focals. She said it may get worse when he gets a lot older and that we will check it to make sure there is no change every yearly visit. Other than that though, two healthy kittens! My dad says I'll have to get Fagan a little kitty cane...LOL. :rolleyes:

BMDLuver
November 20th, 2004, 08:48 AM
Poor Fagan, I hope he will never need that kitty cane! :)

chico2
November 20th, 2004, 10:17 AM
Awww,poor little beautiful Fagan...I've never heard of cataract in a kitten or a y-pattern,but if he'll ever need special care he's certainly in the right place.

krdahmer
November 21st, 2004, 01:32 PM
The 'Y' pattern that we can see is actually a seam of some sort within the eye. You can see it very clearly when you shine a light into their eyes in a darker room. (In the ones that have cataracts.) I noticed his one day when I was holding him near the window. Usually you don't even notice it until the cats start bumping into things.

When he first came indoors he was quite clumsy and often too timid to try jumping on things...he sometimes still has a bit of trouble judging depth, but is otherwise completely adapted.

LMAO...and apparently he enjoys beer!!! (Just jumped on the desk and is now licking my bottle! (Crazy kitty) :rolleyes:

Oh and don't worry I'm not usually drinking beer this early on Sunday...Chase just had a half bottle left over from his Chili...and I volunteered to get 'rid' of it!

chico2
November 21st, 2004, 03:07 PM
That's funny Dahmer,I drink 2 beers a day,7days of the week...and my alotted time for my first is 1:30pm,then I have one with dinner :thumbs up
I am hoping little Fagan will be ok and not go blind,you must just love him to bits,he's sooooo cute. Cheers!!!