Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Watch this Michael Bryant interview on recent attack

pitbulliest
November 19th, 2004, 01:36 PM
This guy is an idiot..and you know what? I'd like to know where these reporters are from because when I was listening to their questions, it seems like they're all FOR the ban. So far, the only open minded and realistic reporters are from City TV...just watch this clip and you'll see what I mean..this is just obsurd and making us look bad all over again...IDIOTS! AND NOBODY EVEN MENTIONED THAT THIS HAPPENED ON THE OWNERS PROPERTY...stupid Byrant said it happened ON THE STREET..what a freak!..

http://www.pulse24.com/In_The_Raw/Raw_Video/page.asp

Scroll down to November 17 where it says:
See unedited video of Attorney General Michael Bryant on the most recent pit bull attack and the looming pit bull ban.

Feel free to crosspost.

moontamara
November 22nd, 2004, 09:19 AM
I really don't like to hear the words "freak" and "idiot" used on a civil forum like this one. However, I almost agree that they are the right words to use about Michael Bryant after seeing this clip!!!

The interviewer did a great job of showing how little he knows what he's talking about.

As most of you have said, BSL is a knee-jerk reaction and there is very little substance behind it. However, I still think that you guys should try to empathise with why some people want BSL and not categorise everyone who agrees with it as a "moron" or worse. The only way to educate people is to first understand where they are coming from, and then give them the information they lack (I don't mean Bryant here, I mean the general public).

:sorry: for the stressful time that responsible pitbull owners are going through. I wish you the best with this!!!!

Copper'sMom
November 22nd, 2004, 10:46 AM
I thought I heard the pit bull who attacked the Kitchener boy, busted out of the door. Did anyone else hear this?? If so, our dogs should be muzzled and on leash in the house?????? Ridiculous!!!!

mastifflover
November 22nd, 2004, 11:11 AM
The dog was inside the home and went through the door and attacked the kid. This is very sad but nothing about this incident would have changed one iota even if the village idiot had a breed ban. According to his BSL the dog would not have been leashed or muzzled because it was on private property. But I believe that this dogs owner is a problem, would your dog go through a door to attack your paperboy? At the very least they should have signs posted and have their paper left at the gate to the yard. If my dog was that protective of my property I would have a enter at own risk or no trespassing. I think that precautions should be taken when you own a protective dog.

moontamara
November 22nd, 2004, 07:01 PM
I think that precautions should be taken when you own a protective dog.

Yes, exactly mastifflover.

This kind of irresponsible dog owner is the reason for the misguided BSL. What I wonder is, instead of banning pitbulls etc., what is the best way to protect the public from grossly irresponsible dog owners who allow their dogs to endanger people? This is what Michael Bryant should be working on, with the help of the professional animal community.