Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

eyebrow twitching

raingirl
November 19th, 2004, 12:24 PM
It's driving me nuts! The muscles above my eyes where my eyebrows are have been twitching on and off ever since last night! I had a migraine 2 days ago, don't know if that has anything to do with it, but I can't find anything that will stop it!!

Anyone ever have this happen??

coonlover
November 19th, 2004, 12:29 PM
This happened to me once, it started with my left eye went on for 2 days, then my left hand started to twitch then it went to my left leg, by then I was very scared so I went to my docter and he said I was having small siezures so if I were you I wouldnt wait too long to see a docter even a walk in clinic, I didnt have a headache and the siezures were being caused by an allergic reaction to some medication. I'm not trying to scare you just listen to your body it may be trying to tell you something.

sujean
November 19th, 2004, 12:31 PM
yeah!!! it happens to me all the time. it's just a muscle spasm-well, that's what my doctor tells me.

it's annoying and makes you think everyone is staring at your twitchy eye. it shouldn't last too much longer.

i find that rubbing it makes it ease up! :D

raingirl
November 19th, 2004, 12:37 PM
hahah! Yeah, rubbing it helps.

I'm actually going to the doc next week so I will ask her then. It's just funny. It's mostly my right eye.

GsdDiamond
November 19th, 2004, 12:40 PM
I get that all the time. Usually the right eye twitches...never the left. Since you're getting migranes along with the twitching, I would think it could be stress related. I find my twitching goes away when I take my holidays.

Try some aroma therapy or a nice relaxing tub with candles and a glass of wine, relaxing music. It may help. At the very least, it couldn't hurt! :D

raingirl
November 19th, 2004, 12:54 PM
You know what is funny? My headache was so bad 2 nights ago, I couldn't even keep my head up on the train home. I was dizzy and feeling really crappy, so I decided to take a nap. I usually don't fall all the way asleep, just doze off and wake up every few minutes. Well..that night, I woke up as the train was leaving my station!!! I ended up in Georgetown instead of Brampton!!

Luckily my sis doesn't live far from there, so she came and picked me up. It was so embarrassing though.

CyberKitten
November 19th, 2004, 03:20 PM
I hesitate to attempt to diagnose anyone online (plus I am a pediatrician, not an adult, lol) but have you seen an opthamologist? Not an optomoetrist who is not a medical dr but one who can prescribe glasses but an MD who has completed a resdency in opthamology.

Twitching is usually a symptom of a vision problem. It can also signal something more serious if it happens often but you would have many other symptoms as well).

Have you sought medical help for your migrane headaches and have they been diagnosed as such?

GsdDiamond
November 19th, 2004, 03:26 PM
My suggestion that the twitching is stress related is just that....a suggestion. Of course she should see an eye doctor. I did too when I needed a new prescription. She saw nothing wrong. Like Kitten said, go see a doctor to be on the safe side.

Dukieboy
November 19th, 2004, 04:11 PM
It could be stress related. My eye twitched for the duration of my first marriage ceremony. But see an MD just in case.

glasslass
November 19th, 2004, 04:18 PM
When my brother married, I made the wedding cake and drove with it on the front seat of my car over a mile on an unpaved private mountain road. Over cattle crossings, even over 2 boards placed over a particularly deep rut in the road, to a friends ranch where the wedding was held. Made it ok but my eyelid twitched for 2 weeks after!

Karin
November 19th, 2004, 06:13 PM
I use to worry about any twitch I had 20 years ago. Now, after many twitches and I am still alive...they are the least of my worries.

Writing4Fun
November 19th, 2004, 10:12 PM
My eye used to twitch all the time when I was working. It hasn't budged in over a year - ever since my mat leave started. ;) I think you should see your doctor, especially because of the headaches.

wAggie
November 22nd, 2004, 11:55 PM
boo!!

when my eye lids twitch at work, I just wanna go HOOOOOOOOOOME, cuddle up w the buh-bees, and relax!!

no work does not stress me out, it keeps me ALERT and that twitching is such a neucense. shesh, i hate it. :rolleyes: