Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Toy bunny in need of ANOTHER operation!

lilith_rizel
November 18th, 2004, 01:18 PM
Well, I just went to go see what Cano had in his mouth. It was stuffing from his favorite toy, a stuffed bunny. The same bunny that he had gotten from his previous owner, at 8 weeks of age. He has torn up his bunny so many times, that there is nothing left of it really, he now has no ears, and has o completely different body. Poor thing.
Well with all that said, I think that this is going to be the bunny's last operation before Cano will have to say his good-byes, and will have to choose a new favorite toy.

lilith_rizel
November 18th, 2004, 01:19 PM
What bunny origionally looked like.

lilith_rizel
November 18th, 2004, 01:23 PM
Wat bunny looks like now.

lilith_rizel
November 18th, 2004, 01:24 PM
Cano and his mess!

mastifflover
November 18th, 2004, 01:27 PM
I think bunny has gone to rainbow bridge.

lilith_rizel
November 18th, 2004, 01:29 PM
I really think that he is going to have to give bunny up soon. I threw it in the garbage once before, but he grabbed it right out, I put it back in the garbage, told him now, and all he did the rest of the day, was sit there by the garbage can, whinning, or he'd laydown, and look like his best friend just past away!! He can't live without that torn up thing. It is like it is his baby or something. But I can't keep on fixing the thing, when there is getting to be less and less of the thing. I just feel so bad that he has to give up the thing he is most attatched to. But hey, maybe I will find a place that sells the same bunny and get him another.

lilith_rizel
November 18th, 2004, 01:32 PM
Well, like i said, I will give bunny one more operation, then it is time for Cano to say good bye. The other toy you see there, is his monkey, which has no arms or tail anymore! I think Cano likes ripping the limbs off his toys. His monkey has only had to have one operation. I had to sew his head back on, the day after he got it, it was manufactured poorly, and the seem ripped right away.

mastifflover
November 18th, 2004, 01:33 PM
I would start looking ASAP that bunny is barely hanging on by a thread. Take him to the pet store and see if he finds something that he likes.

lilith_rizel
November 18th, 2004, 01:36 PM
That's my plans. We are going to have to wait until next pay check, being that Cano's vet bill put a bigger dent in our budget than we expected. I am just really happy that we have 3 different pet stores not even 5 miles from here. So hopefully finding a toy that he will love, won't be a problem.

CyberKitten
November 18th, 2004, 04:06 PM
I often go to Second Hand clothes stores in search of used books and I noticed that several of them also have used toys. If your budget is tight, you might look there for some new "bunnies." (Poor baby bunnies :crazy: )
"

lilith_rizel
November 18th, 2004, 04:46 PM
That is a great idea. I will tell hubby that we will get Cano toys from second hand stores. We probably could get him 5 toys for the price of 1 that way. All we would really need to due is make sure that they are washed and disinfected. Thanks cyberkitten.

louie's mum
November 18th, 2004, 05:35 PM
go a step further. sew parts (what's left lol) of his beloved bunny on the 'new' toys. that way, he'll still smell like his bunny buddy.
just a thought. :)

lilith_rizel
November 18th, 2004, 08:17 PM
Then every toy would be his favorite toy! What a great idea!!! I think that instead of giving the bunny another operation, I will set it up for the time being, until we buy "new" toys for him. I think what I am actually going to do, is ask my sisters and mother, to go in their basment, and get the old ratty toys, that won't be used again, and bring him a selection of them when they come down next month. We have millions of small toys that just sit down there, because no one plays with them. Most of them are the little stuffed toys from kids meals at fast food places, or small stocking stuffers from years back. None of the small toys have any special meaning to anyone, and are just going to waste sitting there. I will have to remember to talk to Emma (15 year old sister) and see if she will pack maybe a dozen or so, along with my afgahn that my older sister made me, so it can be brought down next month.

louie's mum
November 18th, 2004, 08:31 PM
lilith ... i have to tell u. when i saw this post for the first time i thought oh oh, i might need a tissue before i read this one (so many sad posts lately).
even tho i saw "toy bunny" i thought that might be a special breed of bunnies :D (hey ... i AM a newbie to this animal stuff ;))
i had a good chuckle when i saw the pics and read thru.
thanks.

lilith_rizel
November 18th, 2004, 08:36 PM
LOL I never thought that it might sound like that. I guess some people would think that it was a live bunny. LOL

BMDLuver
November 18th, 2004, 09:00 PM
I just love the photos of Cano with his best friend Bunny. Poor poor Bunny. Cano just looks so pleased with himself!

Sneaky2006
November 18th, 2004, 09:02 PM
That poor bunny, he's so flat it looks like he was run over... the way you have him lying there for the pic! :)

chico2
November 18th, 2004, 09:52 PM
I too was getting ready for something sad,oh well,it's a good thing it was not :rolleyes: except for the mutilation of that poor little bunny and then there is Cano with his"Who,me.....naaw,look" :crazy:

Delirium
November 18th, 2004, 09:58 PM
Rofl i've never seen a prouder dog.

Dee

Writing4Fun
November 18th, 2004, 10:05 PM
even tho i saw "toy bunny" i thought that might be a special breed of bunnies :D
LOL!! I did too! I thought it was like a "toy poodle" - a "toy bunny", new designer breed of bunny for people in especially small apartments! :crazy:

That being said, I have to LOL again at those pics! Poor bunny didn't stand a chance, did he? :p

doggy lover
November 19th, 2004, 05:21 PM
LOL Tucker has the caracters from Shrek and has ripped them to hell and back, many operations,replaiced stuffing and reattached limbs. Donkey looks the worst, both of them, he has two different ones, they are his favorite. I bought him a new donkey for Christmas, I'm sure the others will be done in by then. :rolleyes:

maddoxies
November 19th, 2004, 09:14 PM
Do you get the TV program "Sue Thomas, FB Eye" ? It is about a deaf woman who works at the FBI and uses her lip reading skills. She has hearing ear dog named Levi. (It is a Canadian program based on the experiences of an actual deaf woman who did work for the FBI).

Your toy bunny story reminded me of one episode where the office cleaners had thrown out Levi's toy bunny as it was such a miserable rag (looked worse than Cano's). Levi was inconsolable until his bunny was replaced. At least Cano's bunny will get more respect in his transition to other toys. :)

I was expecting bad news from your title too. Glad it was humourous (Canadian spelling, humour).

wAggie
November 22nd, 2004, 11:32 PM
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!

HE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

perfect, simply perfect! <-- the pic, heheh, and doggie!!

damn, u are one proud mommy! i would be! (heck, i am! lol)

(maybe I should get the digi cam to take some pix of the has been stuffed cat, lololol)

lilith_rizel
November 23rd, 2004, 11:12 AM
I am a very proud mommy. The main caonversation topic, when I talk to my mother is Cano. She is really eagar to see him. I just can't wait until next febuary when he turns 1. He's going to get a nice big bone!!. Something he hasn't had in a while.

Rottimom
November 24th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Lol this is so cute. Sounds very familiar! Herc also has his selection of "baby toys" stuffed animals that he carries everywhere. But once he gets a rip in one, its a goner! First the eyes, then the tail, then the head. Then all the stuffing must come out. Once i took him for a walk and bought him a stuffed raccoon at a garage sale. He was so adorable- big lug trotting down the street with this thing in his mouth! The one toy he surprisingly has not ripped (but is by his side day and night) is a stuffed tiger that my hubby gave to me when he proposed. Herc must know it's very special. He also knows his toys by name. I wish I could post a picture but they are all too big. :crazy:

CyberKitten
November 24th, 2004, 04:06 PM
I lived with a bunny for 13 years so when I read the heading, my heart when in my mouth and I thought "Oh no!!!". I was sooo relieved it was a toy!! :)

Copper'sMom
November 25th, 2004, 09:07 AM
LOL !! I have a bear that looks like the bunny now! I've had the bear since I was a child. The funny part is............I used chew on it's ears and nose and eyes. "Bearsy" has been sewn up a few times and restuffed. I LOVE that bear!! My dog does the same thing with stuffed animals. He can chew them up within 2 minutes so he can't have them anymore! :sad:

Copper'sMom
November 25th, 2004, 09:10 AM
I just can't wait until next febuary when he turns 1. He's going to get a nice big bone!!. Something he hasn't had in a while.

Give him a birthday party!! :crazy: I give my boy parties and invite my nieces and nephews and friends. We have party hats and the whole works!! :crazy:

lilith_rizel
November 25th, 2004, 10:10 AM
Cano is fine with stuffed toys........ atleast until there is a rip somewhere in them.

petlover5150
November 25th, 2004, 03:22 PM
lenny has an elmo, you know from sesame street? he especially likes to chew on his eyeballs :evil: