Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Door to Door charity canvassers-It's that time of year again!

Akeeter
November 18th, 2004, 12:39 PM
I have sent off letters to the charities that we do donate to, requesting that the no longer canvas our house. I explained that both our dogs are friendly, & outgoing, but in view of Bryants over-the-top views on 'aggression', (it's in the eye of the beholder, ya know. :confused: ) we will longer open the door to strangers.

We have told them that we always continue to support them, but until this stupid legislation is either scrapped or clarified, we will take no chances on a
dog -fearful canvasser mistaking friendlyness for aggression. (We aren't taking any chances with the few neighbourhood dog haters that might like to line their pockets, or start trouble! :( )

If you feel this way too, please advise you fav. charities. You need not give your address or phone #. And request that they contact Bryant, or McGuinty if they feel this may slow down door to door canvasing efforts. :thumbs up

mastifflover
November 18th, 2004, 01:04 PM
You know the only good thing about this is that it will keep the Jehovah Witnesses away at 8:00 on a Saturday or a Sunday morning.

Schwinn
November 18th, 2004, 01:09 PM
You know the only good thing about this is that it will keep the Jehovah Witnesses away at 8:00 on a Saturday or a Sunday morning.

My buddy tells me that Ozzy works well for that, too!

mastifflover
November 18th, 2004, 01:11 PM
Dogs work better. Trust me dogs they are scared of Ozzy they can save you from a life of damnation

Faceless
November 18th, 2004, 01:47 PM

Actually, I have some friends who are Jehovah's Witnesses and they actually love dogs. So it's not going to work for every one.

kigaro
November 18th, 2004, 01:51 PM

two jehovah witnessess use to come by to talk with my sister once and a whil (once you let them in they keep on callin'). they love the dog.