Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Very Strange

coonlover
November 18th, 2004, 09:31 AM
Maybe its just me but, I was just watching something on TV where a woman was breastfeeding her puppy :confused: She said she is doing it because she wants the dog to protect her daughter, who is also being breastfed . The dog is a bull terrier and she says it does hurt a little more than when her daughter is being fed. Ya think? Does anyone else find this weird or is it just me? She claims its a great way for the puppy and her baby to bond. :crazy:

mastifflover
November 18th, 2004, 09:38 AM
I heard about this yesterday and that is just sick. Sorry but that is not a normal person.

GsdDiamond
November 18th, 2004, 09:49 AM
"Freak" comes to mind when I think of a word to describe this woman.

coonlover
November 18th, 2004, 09:53 AM
Freak is right! There must be other ways of getting the baby and the puppy to bond. I love my animals , would do anything for them but you have to draw the line.

Bugsy
November 18th, 2004, 09:56 AM
Wtf.....???

Cinnabear
November 18th, 2004, 09:58 AM
That was so strange :eek: . Oohh heebies jeebies here now.

Dukieboy
November 18th, 2004, 09:59 AM
Both the child and the dog are in need of protection from this lune.

lilith_rizel
November 18th, 2004, 11:31 AM
I think that this lady has something wrong with her, and should not have a child in her care, AT ALL! Just imagine what that baby may turn out like.

I would never think about doing crap like that. I think Cano will bod just fine when we have our baby. I seriously think there is something wrong with her head.

tyr
November 18th, 2004, 12:44 PM
That is completely disgusting!!! I feel sick to my stomach right now. :sick:

Like you said, you would do anything for your pets but you have to draw the line somewhere.

Can't something like this be taken as a form of beastiality? It just seems like something very sexual to do. It is just so wrong....

She really should not have a child of her own.

I never heard this. Was this on the news? Was it taken seriously or passed off and laughed at?

So angry....... :mad:

Ling
November 18th, 2004, 01:09 PM
I heard about that on the radio this morning. All I can say about that is strange and sick!
Agreed - the child and dog need protection from her and her odd ways!

GsdDiamond
November 18th, 2004, 01:21 PM
Oddly Enough - Reuters (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=583&ncid=583&e=11&u=/nm/20041117/od_nm/odd_newzealand_puppy_dc)

ShielaMonique
November 18th, 2004, 01:32 PM
well its sertinly not normal...but maybe it will work for the best...or not never know...all i know is my husky and gettin anywhere near me if she wants milk.

MPickering
November 18th, 2004, 02:02 PM
That has got to be the craziest thing I have ever heard of! My children and Peaches (our 1.5 year old shih tzu who recently passed away) were incredibly close. They played together all the time, and peaches was super protective of both the kids, if she thought that they were hurt or going to be in trouble or anything, she would protect them, or try to (she was a small dog). You don't need to breastfeed your dog in order to get them to bond with your children!

Schwinn
November 18th, 2004, 02:16 PM
this is wrong on so many levels. And I'd like to thank you for bringing this to my attention, as there goes at least a week's worth of sleep. (must...erase...visual).

What if it affects the kid? I'd hate to see him start chasing his tail and licking himself...

Karin
November 18th, 2004, 02:20 PM
She ain't right.

Shaykeija
November 18th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Man we better pray she doesn't want to have another kid. :eek:

Luvmypit
November 18th, 2004, 05:00 PM
HA HA What a freak! I hope her dog doesn't start thinking hes human and vice versa. that would be an unusual household.

Is it even good for the dog? You know what ... Im picturing and yuk...

CyberKitten
November 18th, 2004, 05:00 PM
It's very bizarre. If she is so keen on giving the puppy her milk, she could at least use a breat pump. This falls in the relm of truth is stranger than fiction.

louie's mum
November 18th, 2004, 06:45 PM
that's just not right :eek:

EEEEEWWWW

YUCK

&

OUCHHHHHH

wish i never read THIS one.
i'm scared how i'll react next time when louie wants to cuddle ... :eek: :eek: :eek:
;)

coonlover
November 18th, 2004, 07:10 PM
I saw it this morning on Regis and had the visual too :eek:

CarlaD
November 18th, 2004, 07:25 PM
I could not believe it when I read it. It is just gross and screwed up.

sammiec
November 18th, 2004, 07:29 PM
WTF? I thought this was a joke at first. I wonder if this would have helped Michael Bryant... maybe we should pump and pregnant pittie's boobies and feed it to Bryant??
That gives me the heebie jeebies. What a whacko!