Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cano has a playdate Friday!!!!

lilith_rizel
November 17th, 2004, 12:48 PM
Well, Friday, I have an 8 hour baby bootcamp class I have to attend, and with everything that has gone on with him, and our friends house being broken into, I don't want to leave him here alone, even though James would be home during lunch. So he is going to our friend Jeniffer's house, where he has his buddy Apollo, and Apollo's brother Rusty. I am sure that Cano will do fine. I am bringing his crate and chain over, alonw with his bowls and food. I just hope that he doesn't fear her, and urinate in her house. Atleast if he does, they have tile and hardwood, and no carpet. The main reason for the crate is if him and the other two dogs get too wild, she can put them all in their own crate for awhile, if the weather isn't nice. You should see how Cano and Apollo go at it. They play for hours on end, and NEVER seem to get tired. Apollo is lab/ shepard mix. Rusty, he is still getting used to Cano. Jennifer just got Rusty moved in with them about a month ago, it was her dog before she got married, and was living with her parents for the time being. Rusty is quite a bit smaller that Cano, being that he is a sheltie. But he does try to get in on the fun, when Cano has Apollo pinned down, he barks trying to protect his brother. So cute. I will have to take pictures sometime.

GsdDiamond
November 17th, 2004, 12:59 PM
Awesome! I love play dates. Baby boot camp? What's that?

lilith_rizel
November 17th, 2004, 01:19 PM
Baby bootcamp is a class for expectant parents, who are in the Army. The Army provides a free 8 hour class that covers newborn care, shaken baby syndrom, SIDS, postpartum care, and all that fun stuff. And for all parents to made an appointment, and weren't walk-ins, they send you home with a baby-bundle that contains baby items in a diaper bag. They have things such as bottles, recieving blankets, toiletries and onsies. James and I think it is a much better idea that having to pay $150 for a class that is only a couple hours long, and only goes over half the stuff. Plus, the class is only 5 minutes away from my house!! I am getting really excited about going, but I don't know if I can handle 8 hours of just sitting there. I am hoping that they give us breaks so I can get up and stretch a bit. In I know that I am going to have to bring plenty of food for me to eat while I am there. I can't go 2 hours with out eating something anymore.

GsdDiamond
November 17th, 2004, 01:22 PM
LOL!
That's sounds like a good time! I'm sure you'll have breaks for stretching and bathroom. Nothing could be worse than a room full of expectant women whose bladders are ready to burst not being able to go! I wouldn't wanna be there to see that! :eek:

lilith_rizel
November 17th, 2004, 01:27 PM
With the way I drink water, they better give us breaks every hour!!! LOL, actually I'm not that bad yet, even if I do drink water constantly. I am just glad I don't have to go evey 30 minutes like my friend Adrea did when she was as far as long as I was.

Dukieboy
November 17th, 2004, 01:30 PM
Hurray for play dates. Check out the pix on the Pictures thread. Duke and Buddy had a play date last weekend.

TalonsMa
November 17th, 2004, 03:06 PM
That's wonderful :) He's going to havea blast!

lilith_rizel
November 17th, 2004, 03:52 PM
I just hope he doesn;t drive Jennifer crazy. She too is expecting a baby, and due in April. And I am sure it is going to be a handful with three dogs running around. I am just praying that it will be a nice sunny day, where the three of them can be outside alot. If not, I am going to owe her big time. I will have to return the favor for her one day, by watching Apollo and Rusty for her. I'm just so glad that I have a friend like her here. It makes it being away from all my family much easier. I have only known her since May, and it seems like I have known her my entire life.

lilith_rizel
November 19th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Well, Jennifer was sick today, so Cano's playdate was cancelled. But he will be able to go to Apollo's house when Jen is better. I did feel sorry having to keep him penned up all day, But James was home during lunch for a bit, so that makes me feel a bit less guilty.

maddoxies
November 19th, 2004, 09:59 PM
Too bad there isn't a boot camp for the little monsters who hurt Cano

lilith_rizel
November 20th, 2004, 10:08 AM
I know, but it's a good thing he's back to himself, 100%. I think he was just more terrified, thinking that we would do the same thing, and that maybe he did someting wrong to deserve that. I think that he thought James would punish him for what the kids did. I don't know why he would think that, the only correcting we have given him are scoldings, and maybe a small tap on the rear, if what he did could have hurt him, but we never punished him a way that would hurt him. But Cano is the type of pooch who hates to have your voice raised the smallest amount at him. I think his personality and "selfesteem" are really sensitive. He probably thought that being James was gone all day, and that al happened, James didn't love him anymore. Poor Cano.

But things will get better here. We have company coming in a few weeks. Cano's grandma and aunties are coming down during the holidays. And I am asking my mom to bring some of the old toys that are never played with anymoore. She has wanted to get rid of them forever, so I don't think that she will have a problem bringing about a dozen down with here. I figure, give him 2 at a time, and they should last him awhile. :D