Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

No public consultations planned

ancarett
November 17th, 2004, 11:06 AM
I just got off the phone with my local MPP and cabinet minister Rick Bartolucci's office. According to his staff member, there are no further public consultations planned for Bill C-132, that these were all done before the bill was introduced but that we could provide more comments to the Minister or the Attorney General.

I told her that I found this quite distressing, especially since this week's Hansard had suggested that there were going to be further public consultations. I also told her that the public was rising against such bans as in the case of London with the 1300 people attending the city council meeting, the vast majority of which opposed the ban.

She sounded a little rattled at that.

Let's all keep up the pressure!

mastifflover
November 17th, 2004, 11:37 AM
I agree I am sick of these people lying and saying they will be holding public consultations and then either they don't or they don't tell anyone about them. This is bullsh** and we need to inundate them with emails. Jam their inboxes and keep doing it until we get our say. Bottom line in your emails that you send to every fiberal make sure that you stress the point that you will never be voting liberal again and to the other parties let them know that there is no only 2 ways that you will vote and liberal is not one of them. Most of these politicans are more about votes than any of the issues. So offer your vote to another party.

babyrocky1
November 17th, 2004, 11:53 AM
I thought I heard that little idiot say that there would be hearings during the alex P interviews? was I imagining things?

Schwinn
November 17th, 2004, 11:57 AM
The Liberals are hoping that if they say something often enough, it will become truth. They are stating they have enough input from the public for the ban, they don't need public inquiries. The other parties are pushing for it large.

mastifflover
November 17th, 2004, 12:01 PM
No you were not imagining things they are lying again nothing changes with this bunch "If their lips are moving they are lying"