Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

We'd like to introduce Fagan...

krdahmer
November 17th, 2004, 12:43 AM
This is #4 of the rescue kittens that we are gonna keep....we've named him Fagan, (meaning fiery and small).

krdahmer
November 17th, 2004, 12:44 AM
Mixin in with the locals....

Cinnabear
November 17th, 2004, 12:46 AM
Very pretty kitties. :love:

krdahmer
November 17th, 2004, 12:49 AM
Buddy has a little brother....now there is trouble!

krdahmer
November 17th, 2004, 01:07 AM
Common ground....

krdahmer
November 17th, 2004, 01:18 AM
And what kittens do best... :angel:

Bugsy
November 17th, 2004, 01:22 AM
Aww....what a sweet little boy. :love:

Sneaky2006
November 17th, 2004, 07:18 AM
That kitty is so cute, I can't stand it! Fagan is such a cool name too. Why do cats always look so guilty??! Except when they're sleepin... :D

BMDLuver
November 17th, 2004, 07:57 AM
Awwww, Fagan is a clone of my first ever kitten that I was given for Christmas. His name was bebe and I was 3 years old. I had him for 18 years! Thanks for sharing and bringing back the memories.

chico2
November 17th, 2004, 08:17 AM
OMG Dahmer,they are all adorable,that little kitten is so sweet he made my eyes tear,he is one lucky little guy as is Buddy,that people like you are around to save them :thumbs up

krdahmer
November 17th, 2004, 12:40 PM
Aw... thanks all....he is quite a little character! Him and Buddy loooove to wrestle, I think Buddy is just happy to have a little testosterone around the house, and a cat that doesnt hiss at him! :rolleyes:

I am now also trying to educate some neighbours of mine on how to care for their kittens as well...they have these adorable little kittens, that are maybe at most 4 months old and are letting them wander outside unsupervised! :eek: I know it's not the end of the world but it makes me so angry, they start to get a little big and out the door they go. Well today I caught one outside my back door and took it back to the front where they live and explained that they may want to keep it at least on a leash because the strays that I feed back here could seriously harm it. I think that hit a nerve. I also had to take it in the other day as it was meowing in the hallway and no one was home (it had snuck out). I also explained that if you spray them with water whenever they dart for the door, they will learn not to do it. I mean Buddy sure has. If it continues to happen when the weather gets worse I may have to take them to the humane society so that they have to pay to get it back, then maybe they might get the point.

And the lady that bred these kittens (for money :mad: ) has now let the mother cat outside, no doubt hoping it will get knocked up again. She took it in long enough for it to nurse it's kittens and make sure she made her moola. Well I tell ya if that little thing keeps coming around here for food etc and fighting with my stray momma and pappa, I'll take her in to the H.S. too. I hate to do it, I wish I could just make these people understand, but I fear retalliation (cause that's the kinda neighbourhood we're in) and I think it all just falls on deaf ears. The only way to get their attention is to hit them in the pocketbook! :(

And you know if they don't pay up to get them back then the kitties would be better off finding a new home now while they are still young and completely domesticated.

I don't know it is just so frustrating sometimes. I'm sure many of you relate.
Sorry for the downer...now just go back and look at Fagan's cutie face...you'll feel better, I know I do! :D

CyberKitten
November 17th, 2004, 01:24 PM
Your cats are beautul, the little one just precious!! (Precious was the name of the mother of my Yin Yin - Precious being a Blue Point Siamese).

Re: "they have these adorable little kittens, that are maybe at most 4 months old and are letting them wander outside unsupervised! I know it's not the end of the world but it makes me so angry"

OMG!!! It COULD be the end of the world for the kittens at that age. Kittens at that age can get into so much trouble with hardly even trying and that's just in the house!! I cannot imagine allowing a little kit outside.

chico2
November 18th, 2004, 03:45 PM
Dahmer,luckily I don't really see any strays around here,not anymore....I don't know if I could deal with what you see every day,I would have a nervous breakdown,how incredibly frustrating :evil: sometimes I just hate people.
The woman who is letting her cat breed over and over should be stopped...but I guess you cannot carry the world on your shoulders,it must be very difficult to watch though.
I would not hesitate to bring the kittens to HS,if they are outside in the cold,that is,if your HS does not kill them..
Little Fagan is so darn cute and so little,just thinking of someone letting defenseless kittens out,just makes me sick.
I REALLY sympathize with you :love:

louie's mum
November 18th, 2004, 05:56 PM
awwww for both the pics and the stories. :) :(
there should be an icon showing half a happy, half a sad face for this forum. there are so many tender sweet heart breaking stories here (combined).
ur babes are beautiful. love the pic on the ladder with fagan on the top rung. we know who the boss is now :D
u'll go to heaven ... :love: