Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I hate my vet!!! Need a reputable vet asap

Lady_D
November 16th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Heís so utterly rude! (im going to skip the story why I want to find a new vet simply because hes not worth the rise in my blood pressure)

Anyways, I need to get Zeus neutered and while heís sedated, he needs to have x-rays done because he has been limping recently.

I need a kind and knowledgeable vet in the GTA. Iím at Yonge and Sheppard Ė but am willing to drive a reasonable distance. Anywhere within North York, Scarboroguh, Richmondhill, Thornhill areÖ Iíd like to leave out any vets in the deep downtown area (so anywhere south of bloor street)

Oh and Zeus is a rottyÖif that makes a difference Ė ( even tho it shouldnít. )

chico2
November 16th, 2004, 04:51 PM
LadyD,I have a wonderful vet,but I am in Oakville,too far away!
I am pretty sure most vets are reputable,you just happened to meet one who is not.. :mad:

mastifflover
November 16th, 2004, 04:51 PM
I have a fabulous vet his name is Dr. DeSousa and he genuinely cares about your pets. I take Buddy to him and he always tells him he is the best big boy that comes to him. He will listen to you and is not always wanting to do unnecessary testing. He even let me do a payment plan for my last bill that was almost $1000.00. He is at the Fraser McDonald Animal Hospital. I know it is not the closest but I have to say other than a vet that I had many years ago he is the best with me and my baby. They are on Bloor at Dundas St. West I realize it is a little out of your area but you can always go to High Park so it is not just a trip to the vets.

Delirium
November 16th, 2004, 08:30 PM
The best vet I have ever laid eyes on is this one:

http://www.thelinksroadanimalclinic.com/clinic/thelinksroadanimalclinic/

And its not too far from you at Yonge and the 401.

The vet I saw is named Mark (last name escapes me). I've only ever seen them for exotics but I know they do cats and dogs as well. I loved them and was further convinced of their expertise when I saw other vets waiting with their own animals in the waiting room (exotics as well).

I'd atleast call them and chat with them. I think you'll be pleased if your experience is anything like mine was. I'd still be going to them if I didn't live so far away now.

Dee

doggy lover
November 16th, 2004, 09:04 PM
I have a great vet, I have used him for many years (about 12) and recomend anyone who asks to him. It is West Hill Animal clinic its in Scarborough, Port union and Lawrence area. His name is Dr Wood their are other vets in the office but I always ask for him, normally you have to waite a little longer if its not an emergency. But this is because everyone wants him. My last dog had a few health problems one was bloat, and his stomach was stiched to the abdoman wall to stop it from twisting. I have spoken to a few other vets and they all say that they send dogs with this to Guelph, most don't make it mine lived for another 4 years with no reoccurance. We lost him in January to bone cancer, I always said to Dr Wood when is enough, enough he said it was time. He did give me options like amputation etc, but Travis was a 120lb, 9 and a half years old we live in a home with three levels and it would have been very hard on him and he would have to stay in the basement until he recouvered if ever and it was maybe a matter of months and the cancer could of reocured somewhere else. We decided to have him put to sleep. We told the vet that we wanted to put travis up north and he told us to do it up there, so that we didn't have to transfer his body so far and it would cost less as well. My new pup goes in next week to get fixed, Dr wood just loves him.Sorry for being so long winded but he is good phone number is 416-282-8516

Lady_D
November 16th, 2004, 10:20 PM
Iíve written all the info thatís been provided for me above. Iíve also passed on the word that Iím looking for a new vet to a few friends and asked them to ask around.

Iím going to wait until Thursday to finalize my decision.
(For now, Iíve got lots of calling around to do)

Thanks for the input guys! Very much appreciated! :)

sammiec
November 16th, 2004, 10:29 PM
I have a fantastic vet in North East Brampton! LOVE him! He genuinely cares about the animals..every visit that we're there he remembers why we were there last and what we talked about, and our consultations last about 30 minutes simply because he cares and asks questions!!
Briggs adores him... she goes CRAZY for him as soon as she gets out of the car. If you're interested, PM me and I will forward his contact information!