Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Diamond's allergies prove to be non-chicken related!

GsdDiamond
November 16th, 2004, 03:11 PM
That's right folks. After eating a chicken inclusive diet for 1 week, Diamond has not scratched (anymore than usual), her ears are not red/bright pink (other than when she gets excited!), she's not fevered.

I am now able to claim she is allergy free! Since she has allergies in the Spring/Fall, we will stock up on Chlor-tripon for her allergy relief, and will get a shot at the Vet's if they don't help her itching.

Her poops have settled down. They started to increase when we added chicken, but I'm thinking it was from the extra protien. Now comes the fun part of finding a good canned food. I might just stick with the brand she likes... Dick van Patten's canned food (human grade). I might try her on the bag food too.

I'm so happy!!!! Now she can have a nice variety of food instead of just certain types. :D :D :thumbs up

moontamara
November 16th, 2004, 07:27 PM
Casey's not allergic to chicken either! Funny how we both thought that and were wrong... Casey's allergies (I think -- but still don't know -- could be seasonal) seem to have been to the corn that was low on the ingredient list but present in every food until the last 2 foods I bought him. :thumbs up

mona_b
November 16th, 2004, 07:46 PM
Alot of allergies are caused by the corn in the food.This is why the first 5 ingredients in the food should "not" be corn.And the majority of the foods have corn in those first 5 ingredients.Just some info I wanted to pass on... :)

moontamara
November 16th, 2004, 09:31 PM
Yes, you're absolutely right mona. I would never buy a food that had corn in the first 5 ingredients, but I'm now thinking no corn whatsoever is the way to go with Casey. He has been doing sooooo much better!

Hound_Dog
November 17th, 2004, 04:04 AM
What do you feed your dogs, Moontamara?

moontamara
November 17th, 2004, 05:55 AM
Hey Hound Dog!

The two foods that have worked best with Casey (that are available in Korea, but not that easy to find) are Evolve and ANF Holistic. Evolve is very pricey, and I'll probably go with the ANF Holistic stuff more often than not, but its pricey too. How about you? It must be hard to find good stuff in Jeonju? It's difficult enough in Seoul!!!