Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog Cafes - the indoor dog park?

Hound_Dog
November 15th, 2004, 08:45 PM
I am currently living in Korea and last year I had heard about a phenomemon here called a dog cafe. Essentially, this is a coffee shop where one can go to see dogs if they don't have one or bring their dog in for some playtime and an order of doggie snacks.

Now, I live in a smaller city and I've never been to one....so I'm wondering if anyone back home (N. America) has heard of anything like this? I was wondering what people would think about going to a dog cafe. I assume that these places are for smaller dogs but again, I've never been to one. Do these places exist in Canada and the U.S.? Do they remotely sound like something that would be similar to a dog park?

sujean
November 16th, 2004, 10:32 AM
i have heard of bars that allow their dogs in to the establishment, but an idea like a coffee shop for dogs? i think that is a great idea! have coffee and cake (or mochi and borricha in your case) for the humans and doggie treats for the pups! what a novel idea?

maybe you should open one!!

GsdDiamond
November 16th, 2004, 10:34 AM
That is the coolest idea! Yes, find out if you can open one!!

melanie
November 16th, 2004, 04:19 PM
one has just opened in sydney aus, yu can have a coffe and so cna the dog, they have a doggie chino which was made from something dog friendly i just cant remember but it was not milk, and you cna get dog snacks delivered on a plate to the table. i take my dog to cafes anyway and sit outside, if they dont like it try and stop me :D charlie loves to share a nice banana smoothie with me, she likes the bottom with all the banana chunks :D :D

mastifflover
November 16th, 2004, 04:24 PM
I know someone that tried on Queen West and was not allowed you can't have animals in establishments that prepare food or beverages. So the only cafes we visit have patios. I personally would rather dine with dogs than some of the scum that they actually let in coffee shops. I think my dog is cleaner.

sujean
November 16th, 2004, 04:36 PM
I know someone that tried on Queen West and was not allowed you can't have animals in establishments that prepare food or beverages. So the only cafes we visit have patios. I personally would rather dine with dogs than some of the scum that they actually let in coffee shops. I think my dog is cleaner.

what if you had two "different" establishments-while you run in and get your coffee and such there is someone that watches your dog in the other room. you come back with coffee and doggie treats and you can sit and enjoy!

meimei
November 16th, 2004, 07:00 PM
Hi

We live in Montreal and there are two doggie cafes here that I know about.
One of them does offer an indoor park.
It's a great idea and fun.
I wish there were more.

MM

downloader
November 16th, 2004, 07:47 PM
Hey meimei ; Where are the places in Montreal?

www.bluewhippet.net

meimei
November 16th, 2004, 10:09 PM
Hey meimei ; Where are the places in Montreal?

www.bluewhippet.net

One is on St. Denis street (I will hunt up the address for you), and the other is still under construction on Mont Royal in Outremont. I hope it's finished very soon because we are planning this month's Meetup at the new restaurant.

lilith_rizel
November 17th, 2004, 09:23 AM
I have no idea if there are any in th US, but I have seen then on animal planet before James banned me from watching it anymore. He says that the history channel is more educational, and that he couldn't see how I could watch that channel all day.