Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

the Sims Pet edition

raingirl
November 15th, 2004, 01:41 PM
Anyone ever play this??

I have it (I love the Sims, I want Sims2 for Christmas). I have a house with 2 cats, and they are so cute. Sometimes I get the popup:

"do you want to breed your pets?"

and it makes me laugh!!

The two cats even spoon each other when sleeping!!

melanie
November 15th, 2004, 02:31 PM
my little sister in law loves sims, its a bit weird but lots of fun, i will have to check out the pets :D

have you played Dogs Life on PS2? its a fantastic game and so doggie, you see everything through a dogs eyes and have to sniff out your challenges, basically the challenge is to defeat the bad cat food lady who turns cats and dogs into food. you can even take a dump on things if you dont like the ppl or you can steal the nightly meal out of the microwave :D , its a really good game and i played it for months straight, but be warned once you have finished the game (several months) it is not much use as you know how to beat it. BUT it has gone platnum so that takes it down in $$$ so its not a huge expense, when they go platnum here they sell for $29.95 which isnt too bad.

check it out at your loval video store, they hire games too. it is soooo doggy :D

raingirl
November 16th, 2004, 07:33 AM
No. Haven't tried that game. Yeah, the sims is weird. I was SOOOO adicted when I first got it, but I'm better now.

I only have an xbox, and never seen the game "doggie life". I'm an avid gamer (I have 100's of video games). Maybe it's not available here?? I will have to research.

Right now I'm stuck in several games so I'm taking a break from them. I am on the last level of Splinter Cell Pandora TOmorrow, but I have no ammo and 8 guys to kill...and I can't seem to do it.

I love video games. ..

melanie
November 16th, 2004, 02:26 PM
im dying to have a go on XBox, they look fantastic, i just gotta find a person with one :D

i love PS2 nd i love games, i proudly consider myself a crash bandicoot legend, i have completed all of them, but im not into all the driving games that hubby is into, but i do like all the V8 supercar games (that is australian car sport) and i esp love ratchet and clank :D . ah games, gotta love em. and i just saw there is a new crash bandicoot out so i am dying to get it.

i remember my old atari as a child, boy its funny i am still playing games. i remember my parents sending us of to bed and then you would hear the atari go on and pac man sound, and yes in their 50's they are still playing games on dads PC, doesnt matter what age, games are just fun :crazy: :D

Sneaky2006
November 16th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Oh mel! My husband and I play crash team racing almost every night! lol
We love that game... the only problem is it's a PS1 game and we have a PS2... so we can't save it, we can't get any further than one day on the adventure part, but we race against each other all the time! I love it. :)
We also play grand theft auto, vice city and san andreas, vice city not so much anymore cause the san andreas is newer... I didn't like it at first cause of the violence but after all it is just a game and the graphics are awesome!

GsdDiamond
November 16th, 2004, 02:41 PM
The Sims. HA! I so suck at that game! I made my home, put the girl in it, made her friends, found her a great job, and even got her a date. BUT, she was so depressed, all she did was cry all the time!!!! I GAVE UP!

One of our past employees told me her kids used to do on purpose to get the Child Protective Services in the game. They'd show up at the Sim door and take the kids away! How nasty is that??? LOL :evil:

I'm going to have to look for the doggy PS2 game though. It sounds like a hoot!

raingirl
November 16th, 2004, 02:47 PM
The only crash game I had was Crash Bandicoot Warped (3 I think). I finished it.

You can't save PS1 games on a PS2? Not even with a memory card? That sucks. I have a PS1 and want a PS2. I've had most game systems that ever existed (from commodore 64 and up). the only ones I don't have now are PS2 and gamecube (both which I want).

I hear Xbox2 is coming out next year. I need a new xbox as mine is dying (the cd driver laser optical thing dies very easily in the old xboxes). It sucks because my games keep crashing!!

I love the Spinter Cell games. They are amazing. I like Need for Speed underground. Great racing game. And the simpsons road rage. That one rules! My neice and nephew could play that game for hours!!

You know what my neice did in her game of the sims? She would create a house around a person with no doors or windows and let them starve to death and all the bars go red!! Once she built a swimming pool and then took away the ladder and the person drown!!

Once my game in the Sims my man froze on the "cuddle couch". it was because of a glitch in that particular item in the game. I had a fire place and the room caught on fire. He lived alone, and i had no fire alarms (if there is a fire, the game blocks you from the build mode during a fire so you don't cheat and go and buy fire alarms after the fire starts). Because he was frozen, I couldn't get him to move away and he burned to death! I was devistated because I hadn't saved in a while and he was one of my first sims!

GsdDiamond
November 16th, 2004, 03:10 PM
OMG! That's too funny! Now I have to start playing my Sims again! I can't wait to see what I can make them do. :evil: :evil:

melanie
November 16th, 2004, 03:13 PM
:D you can save PS1 games when playing on PS2 you jsut need the PS1 memory card, it works for us as most of my crash games are PS1 played on PS2. and the PS1 memory cards are so cheap these days, i got one recently at kmart for $15. crash bandicoot is jsut brilliant and ratchet and clank is similar in that it is an adventure game but not one of those stupid boy ones with the armies and stuff that take 15hrs to move one screen, oh they suck hubby thinks they are great. a recent study of PS2 players found that men are more inot car games and the war games, where they found woman on the other hand like the adventure gameslike crash, crash was found to be the most populart womans game.

oh but some PS2 games make me sick, like the shooting ones that are M rated, such as the bond ones and laura croft etc. the rule in this house for kids is no violence or blood games before 1pm, that is the rule, i dont think it is good to be bombarded by blood and gore at 6am. and boy does that really get up my nephews nose, he'll spend half a morning whinging at me how unfair i am and that he sees gore everywhere so not to worry, but no i stick to 1pm like the old unmovable cow i am :D :D

oh grand theft auto is just great, oh i played one that was underground recently but i cnat remeber the name, it had underground (perhaps need for speed underground rings a bell) in it though, but the cool thing is you can get a semi trailer and race with it or jsut spend all your time crashing into every one like i do.

a few yrs ago when i got my drivers licence i was driving hubby down a dirt road, well the car spun sideways and was drifting, with a few sharp cool moves and a nice smooth drift around the corner i straightened up and off we went, hubby looked astonished and asked 'how the hell did you learn to do that' and i replied 'oh playstation, V8 supercars and the dirt rally of colin Mcrae' and that is the truth, the games taught me alot about driving fast and keeping control. :D

in aus we have the V8 supercar series, big car racing all yr round. well PS2 brought out a game of al lthe races and tracks in the series, the actual real live car drivers in the races actually use PS2 before races to get to know the tracks and corners as the game is very detailed and very correct and has copied the tracks to the last bump in the road, and the drivers say it helps alot, and it helped me too :D :D .

Sneaky2006
November 16th, 2004, 03:41 PM
You can't save PS1 games on a PS2? Not even with a memory card? We have 2 PS2 memory cards and you can't save a PS1 game with that...you can save PS1 games when playing on PS2 you jsut need the PS1 memory card Now with this info I believe you can! lol It makes sense that you can save PS1 games on a PS2 with a PS1 card... my son was always whining about not being able to save it, then one day he comes to me and says we need a PS1 memory card to save the crash game... I was like yeah right. Well, don't I feel stupid... my 8 yr old telling me how it goes... man.
Thanks for the info... now I have to go tell him he was right! :p
I just saw the commercial for the need for speed underground 2... looks awesome!

melanie
November 16th, 2004, 04:49 PM
hes a smart boy youve got there, these kids know so much these days, it is shocking :D and now you can go buy a cheap memory card and off you go, you can save all those races. oh and i must check out need for speed underground 2, i love that game and with christmas coming, we always buy a joint family pres for the two of us and usually it is games so im on the look out for some new ones. :D :D

its wonderful that we can all still have so much fun in our lives, we dont need to be like dried up bread, and i know that i will still be playing my PS2 in 30yrs, i jsut hope games are more virtual reality then, jsut imagine being in crashes position, whooo how much fun. :D :D

and do check out dogs life it is brilliant and so true to doggie nature.

wAggie
November 22nd, 2004, 09:57 PM
I HAVE played it... it's the ONLY upgrade I have and got the instant it hit the shelves!!!

It's my ultimate fave... however, after I tossed my x' sh!t to the curb (not literally :) ), the main sims cd has been misplaced. :(

and the computer's telling me i gotta reinstall sims to play the game. :( :(

so now i have sims2, YAY
lol, but i really miss the doggies

they were good~ they would clean some things, wouldnt they? and the babies was my fave, hehehe

I had Chocolate as a sim doggie, naturally. :p :crazy:

go, maxis, go! whooooooooo! keep it coming, i wanna see doggies, etc, in sims2 already!!! :thumbs up