Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

It seems Bryant was the Victim!

Akeeter
November 15th, 2004, 12:32 PM
From what is being said...he was always chased and tormented by a neighbourhood dog...and the neighbours always said it was a pitbull cross...
And he has hated them ever since... :crazy:

post from RCC BSL board.
post above this one said He was bitten, & worked hard to get BSL installed locally in Alberta, were the incident occurred (if I understand this post correctly?!)

Schwinn
November 15th, 2004, 12:55 PM
Did it attack him? Did it "go off"?

I can sympathize with being frightened, but I'm not going to excuse his asshatery. (not suggesting you were, just stating my opinion.) He's the Attorney-General. He needs to put his personal issues aside and do what's right for the good of the people.

Akeeter
November 15th, 2004, 12:56 PM
Don't know why everyone (Alberta) was so tight lipped about this but...sigh, I don't think anybody under any circumstances can just jump into legislation cuz of Person Experience! If this is personal Agenda -Its WRONG! :mad:

Luvmypit
November 15th, 2004, 01:32 PM
Hmm interesting. If hes at the pulse24 thing I hope somone brings it up. If I can get through I will ask him. I can't wait!

Luvmypit
November 15th, 2004, 01:45 PM
Does anyone know where this info is?? Where I can read it?

Akeeter
November 15th, 2004, 05:51 PM
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RCCBSL/

(you will have to join the board, but it's all good!)
I wish M.B. had written a Bio., the we would know when/if he was in Alberta.
I would so like to think it's the same Michael Bryant, people out there seem to think it was/is him.

babyrocky1
November 15th, 2004, 07:06 PM
maybe it might also be worth bringing up in the debate since he has admitted that he had three german shepherds growing up that he does not consider german shepherds a problem although by the stats that Alex P brought up to him there have been 30 shepherd attacks to 12 pit bull attacks.
Im not saying gsd are a problem either but the point is it illustrates his predudice thus reducing even further his credibility.

Schwinn
November 15th, 2004, 07:26 PM
It is a valid point. "You don't ask the minister of health to perform brain surgeries". You also don't ask the attorney general to decide solely on his own what is proper in the law.

Akeeter
November 15th, 2004, 08:05 PM
people that are. You can't make effective legislation in a vaccume of ignorance! :mad: What if health ministers Did make health policy without consulting to see if it could really be done, or should be done?? :sick:

Does he think everybody in Cabinet is Judge Roy Bean?

Copper'sMom
November 16th, 2004, 11:24 AM
Maybe he was unknowingly giving the dog a reason to terrorize him! Dogs have reasons on how they behave the way they do.........

Akeeter
November 16th, 2004, 11:38 AM
Which is some thing you are never supposed to do! Running away just triggers the chase response in the dog, whether a chase to play response, or a chase to attack response. :eek: (too bad they didn't have those dog bite avoidance classes where/when he went to school)

I would like him to come clean about this! A serious bite can cause long term damage, physically & mentally, like phobias. So, is it a deep dark Secret!? :confused:

Schwinn
November 16th, 2004, 11:42 AM
The more I know about the guy, the less I'm surprised that something would want to attack him. :evil: