Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Another trip to the Emerg Vets! My poor Buddy's sick again

krdahmer
November 15th, 2004, 03:12 AM
Buddy had a rough Sunday... I woke up to him spitting up mucus beside my head on the bed, and then spent the rest of the day tailing him to see if he would cough up a hairball or something, he tried to eat but only spit it right back up. By evening I noticed that he was breathing with his mouth open and got a bit worried so I stuck right near him while he was sleeping, hoping that he wouldn't get worse and I could take him first thing tomorrow mornin....but at midnight he had another coughing fit and really looked to be breathing labourously, so I bundled him up and went to the Emerg Clinic. Turns out he didn't swallow anything and just has a really bad sore throat, prob upper respiratory thing....so I can look forward to the other three getting that too. She gave him two shots one for pain and one antibiotic and I'm home with more pills again. I'm just really glad it was nothing too serious...although hubby is gonna flip when I tell him it cost almost $200!!!

Buddy has been so sick and cost us a small fortune since we first took him in (fleas/worms/parasite/then abcess/shots/now resp infection), but to us he is worth every penny... although I'm affraid mamma kitty will have to now wait yet another week or so to come in from the cold. :sad:

chico2
November 15th, 2004, 08:51 AM
Buddy is the black/white beauty,right???
You are such a good mom,hugs to you :love: :love:

krdahmer
November 15th, 2004, 12:06 PM
Yep, that's him. And I am happy to say that after eating some watered down Fancy Feast Flaked Tuna, he is back to terrorizing us all. But I have also seen some signs that the little fella, Fagan and Windy may also have a bug of some sort. The little guy has sneezed a few times and Windy is gulping a bit. Funny enough, Smoke, the one who usually gets all these little viruses, is fine....mainly because she still won't let any of the other kitties in her personal space! So all that kissing and growling has paid off! LOL :rolleyes:

CyberKitten
November 15th, 2004, 01:15 PM
Funny enough, Smoke, the one who usually gets all these little viruses, is fine....mainly because she still won't let any of the other kitties in her personal space! So all that kissing and growling has paid off! LOL :rolleyes:

Maybe that's why those ornary cats live the longest, lol