Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

rabbit with hair problem

animalhavenest
November 14th, 2004, 05:13 PM
My rabbit was just brought indoors and has seemed to be sheding a great deal more then she did last year and seems to look more slugish then she did we are un shore of whether she was just adjusting to the new tempeture or has something wrong with her if anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Lucky Rescue
November 14th, 2004, 05:43 PM
Is she eating, making pellets? Rabbits can get hairballs too, and if you notice a change in eating habits or if she is not pooping, a vet visit is called for.

animalhavenest
November 14th, 2004, 06:12 PM
yea she is still eatting and making pellets

CyberKitten
November 14th, 2004, 06:16 PM
How old is your bunny?

animalhavenest
November 15th, 2004, 11:09 AM
shes about 6 or so years old im not sure exactaly how old she is the rabbit that she was with the whole time i had her died almost 2 years ago and she was about 6 years old but she was of a different breed she was a netherland dwarf and this one is a english lop.

CyberKitten
November 15th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Rabbits have very delicate digestive systems so anything she may have ingested may be causing her problems. I'd bring her to a vet. Try giving her some yogurt - that will at least get some good bacteria going in her digestive tract. But if it were my bunny, I'd have her checked out by the vet just be to be safe!