Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Keesha teeth chatter

cindi
November 14th, 2004, 04:20 PM
This is a strange one. About two months ago our female rotty/lab 7 year old dog began to chatter her teeth while she is sleeping. This is loud enough to wake my husband any myself. She does not seem to be in distress and is very healthy. She is sleeping on her stomach with her head between her two front legs when this is noticed, I have not noticed her doing it if she is laying on her side. This has become quite irritating and quite often I will awake her and she will move to another spot, I fall asleep and she will do this thing again, awaking me again. I am becoming fairly used to this and probably ignore it, but I am worried that there may be something wrong with her. I don't think it is epileptic activity, as a few years ago we had a dog that experienced grand mal seizure activity and I am aware fully of how dogs behave. She does not wake up groggy after being awakened due to the teeth chatter she just carries on sleeping. Does anyone have any experience with this behaviour, it only occurs at night that I am aware. Cindi.

anniebananie
November 14th, 2004, 06:41 PM
Have her teeth checked. My JR (one of them) started doing this asleep of awake when she had a broken tooth. :eek: