Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Can Anyone Help?

petlover5150
November 14th, 2004, 08:43 AM
undefinedundefined CAN ANYONE HELP ME? I HAVE HAD MY DOG FOR ABOUT TWO WEEKS, HE IS A 2 YEAR OLD MONGREL AND WAS V.THIN WHEN I GOT HIM. HE HAS BEEN DOING GREAT BUT THIS MORNING HE DIDN'T TOUCH BREAKFAST AND I HAVE SINCE NOTICED THAT HE HAS SOME PUS COMING FROM HIS "MANHOOD". HE DOESN'T SEEM TO BE IN ANY PAIN AND IS FINE OTHERWISE. ANY IDEAS? PS WILL BE TAKING HIM TO THE VETS TOMORROW BUT IT'S CLOSED TODAY AND WAS HOPING TO AVOID 50 EMERGENCY FEE TO HAVE SOMEONE TELL ME HE IS FINE!!! THANX MUCHLY.

badger
November 14th, 2004, 08:50 AM
Oh, man, get him into the vet TODAY. He IS suffering; animals have a far greater tolerance for pain, so you cannot judge just from behaviour. He obviously has a terrible infection. Just DO IT, this is your child now.

petlover5150
November 14th, 2004, 09:50 AM
I'm going to take him just to be on the safe side although his appetite problem seems to have vanished since earlier. I just caught him polishing off the cat's food much to their horror! Hopefully the vet can give me some antibiotics for it - poor thing imagine having an infection down there OUCH!! :eek:

Lucky Rescue
November 14th, 2004, 09:51 AM
Before you got this dog, had he been vet checked, dewormed, vaccinated?

This "pus" - what colour is it and how much of it is there? If there is not much and it's a pale yellowish or whitish it's probably nothing to worry about. If it's any other colour (green) and there is a lot then yes it could be an infection of some sort.

Please let us know what the vet says!

petlover5150
November 17th, 2004, 03:06 PM
Hi, so it turns out that it is completely normal and I am just overreacting - thank goodness. The vet says unless there is loads of pus or it changes colour then there is nothing to worry about, hurray!!! :crazy:

mastifflover
November 17th, 2004, 03:19 PM
This is very common and there is nothing wrong like your vet said it. I belong to a Mastiff community and we had a whole thread going on the drippy penis and everybodys dogs do this especially the neutered ones. Unless there is a large amount of discharge don't worry about it.

Shaykeija
November 17th, 2004, 05:55 PM
So that's what happened to my hubby... :evil: :sorry: I just couldn't resist..

Dwight Byrd
November 17th, 2004, 06:56 PM
Same thing happens with my Golden Buddy. There will sometimes be a slight white discharge ... he was neutered last Spring. Good for you though for checking your little guy out. You are a good parent !! :thumbs up