Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Control the sale of fireworks !

Stewart
November 13th, 2004, 04:40 AM
Sadly yet more cases of animals haveing pain and suffering inflicted on them by the sale of fireworks,Over here in the UK we dont yet have any legislation covering the sale of fireworks except that only over 18's can buy them.Its about time that more control was introduced to allow only licenced people who conduct organised firework displays to purchase fireworks.I do realise that it wouldnt stop idiots still getting thier hands on fireworks but it would reduce the ammount of missuse.Please look at the attached press cutting from one of our national papers that I have included here.The perpatrators of this disgusting act I truely hope are caught and punished severly by the law.Over recent years these acts have slowly been increasing :mad:

Iggette
November 13th, 2004, 05:25 AM
awwww poor baby....Yes I wonder WHAT if anything will happen to the people that did this to poor sophie that is so sad :sad:

BMDLuver
November 13th, 2004, 07:34 AM
I know fireworks look lovely but I truly cannot stand them! We lived next door to some teenagers whose parents bought them regularly for them. My dogs grew to hate and mistrust these kids as a result of them launching them over the fence at my dogs. The parents rarely were around to supervise their kids and when I spoke to them about it, they always said "oh, it must have been an accident". We spoke with local authorities but they were unable to do much about it other than issue a warning which seemed to goad the kids on more. We moved because of them as we did not wish our dogs to become aggressive with any male teenagers as a result nor get severely injured. :mad:

chico2
November 13th, 2004, 09:21 AM
I believe we have strict laws in Ontario,fire-works are only allowed on specific holidays.I know down south(US)they sell it everywhere.
It is beautiful to see,but most dogs and cats are terrified of the noise,so I definetly do not favour fire-works and like Stewart shows,in the hands of evil people,it can be a dangerous,cruel weapon.