Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

And the saga, (which is my life) continues....

heeler's rock!
November 12th, 2004, 10:15 PM
Well, after much deliberation on my part, I have reluctantly told my boss I need to quit. I have found that I don't make nearly enough money to help my husband support our household. I am so devastated!!! I couldn't stop crying just thinking about the dogs I am going to miss. They are all so special and unique, that saying goodbye to them is going to be the hardest thing.....I had a feeling it would end, but I kept hoping it wouldn't. Now it's time to go back to reality and get an office job that makes me miserable, but pays my bills. It's sad that we can't afford to be happy all the time..... :(

Cinnabear
November 12th, 2004, 10:32 PM
So sorry for you. :sad: Life is very tough at times. I'm still waiting for the good times. :D

chico2
November 13th, 2004, 08:54 AM
Heelers,I am sorry to hear that...but even though we don't like to admit it,enough money to pay the bills is absolutely necessary.Constant shortage of money can cause a lot of strain on marriages,unfortunately :sorry:
I've been married nearly 40yrs and I would say,when we were young and every penny counted,most of our arguments were about money :evil:
People who say"Money is not important!!!"are usually rich.

goldenblaze
November 13th, 2004, 03:28 PM
I would like to add that i'm sorry for you aswell, I know how you feel about each and every dog. I want to tell you though that I'm sure every dog will miss you too, but don't think I said this to hurt you. :( I tell you this because I believe you made a difference in every dog and made them feel special and unique. Dogs are so smart, will remember what you did for them the rest of their lives! The dogs will have a part of you and you will have a part of each dog. :)

chico2
November 13th, 2004, 03:37 PM
Also Heelers,you guys are sooo young,once your husband is a fullblown police-officer,you can probably go back to what you love to do.
I am sorry for you and the dogs,but this will just be a pit-stop...before you know it,you'll be back doing what you love :love:

moontamara
November 13th, 2004, 06:32 PM
Sorry to hear that Heeler's Rock... but don't assume that you'll hate your new job. It won't be as fun as walking dogs, but there will hopefully be other rewards (besides a better paycheque!). Attitude can make all the difference.... I wish you good luck finding a job that pays well and you like even just a little!!!

lilith_rizel
November 13th, 2004, 07:04 PM
My sister Dannie, 22, has an office job, at a college, and she loves it. She works in a financial aid office, and says that it is 100 times more enjoying and rewarding than working at her old job at the nursing home. She always loved being a nurse, but she says the office is a better place, and that you usually don't have crazy 18 hour days like the nursing home, plus weekedns off normally. So don't think that office jobs are horrible. And her husband works in an office at a insurance company, and he enjoys that. His previous job was hotel manager, and pool personnel. What is not to like about working at a hotel where you can stay free whenever you like!! Yet he likes working in the office better, and they don't enjoy it because of the money!

Heeler's I am truly sorry for what you have to do, I know how it is not having enough money to pay bills. The last month was like that for us. Luckily, it was due to unexpected things we had to get. Things will get better. Keep your chin up.

Karin
November 13th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Sorry to hear that Heeler's Rock... but don't assume that you'll hate your new job. It won't be as fun as walking dogs, but there will hopefully be other rewards (besides a better paycheque!). Attitude can make all the difference.... I wish you good luck finding a job that pays well and you like even just a little!!!

This is so true. To new beginnings. With a bigger paycheck you will be able to do more.

And you can still walk the dogs in your spare time.

heeler's rock!
November 13th, 2004, 09:10 PM
:o Thank you everyone. Just to clarify about office jobs, I've worked in offices in Calgary for the past 3 years, and I just didn't like it. I got bored too easily, but I have to think about my husband and my pets. I really hope someday that I can go back to dog walking/sitting/training, but we'll see. Luckily my boss is the sweetest woman and I am definitely gonna tell her that if she needs an evening walk covered or a weekend, that I would be more that happy to do it for her. I just know that I'm gonna miss those cute furry faces, but I know they'll never forget me, nor will I ever forget them. My hopes with the new job is that I'll have saved enough money by next summer for hubby and I to drive down to Texas to visit our friend Eunice, who's hubby will be in Iraq with the army.

Thanks to everyone for your support! I love you all so much! You're all like my extended family, and I appreciate you all being here for me. {{{{{{{{{{{GROUP HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}} :)