Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Liberal's Have Nerve!!

Copper'sMom
November 11th, 2004, 10:21 AM
I was surfing the net the other day looking for info and I went on a web site for the liberals. To enter the site, they wanted my name and email address. So I filled it in entered the site ya da ya da. The next day I checked my email and they sent me two. They said welcome to our site blah blah blah. Then they asked for a donation!!!!!!!! What nerve! No wonder I don't vote for them!!

sammiec
November 11th, 2004, 10:36 AM
Then they asked for a donation!!!!!!!! It's to pay for their botched pit bull ban. :rolleyes:

mastifflover
November 11th, 2004, 10:42 AM
I guess they would like the owners of pit and staffs to pay for their dogs to be blacklisted what a**es

onecatandonedog
November 11th, 2004, 11:47 AM
no offense but why would you give your real name and a real email address?

be careful if you do online banking because the news said there is a scam now where a window pops up and it asks for your credit card number and if you type it in it goes to a scam artist somewhere.

Copper'sMom
November 11th, 2004, 12:27 PM
LOL!!! If I gave out my credit card number they wouldn't get any use out of it!!! Besides, I know better than that! I don't always use my real name and address when it is asked for. I'm very skeptical when it comes to giving out personal info about myself!! I have anti-virus and blockers on my pc, and if I still get a pop-up I just ignore them....there no good anyway(they are like telemarketers!!)

sujean
November 12th, 2004, 07:32 AM
no offense but why would you give your real name and a real email address?

i actually have a "fake" email address that i use-it's a hotmail account-when i go to sites that i know will 1) ask for a donation and 2)send me a ton of spam

it used to work great but i was recently at a site where they said that if i used a free email account, i will not be able to register for the forum!! i couldn't believe it!

sujean
November 12th, 2004, 07:34 AM
I have anti-virus and blockers on my pc, and if I still get a pop-up I just ignore them....there no good anyway(they are like telemarketers!!)

i found a new browser and i have not had ONE pop up since i started using this...it's good stuff if you are interested!

sammiec
November 12th, 2004, 07:35 AM
Many forums are doing that now to weed out trolls. Because people will use "fake" email addresses to go into forums and cause trouble. :rolleyes:

onecatandonedog
November 13th, 2004, 05:58 PM
sorry i forgot to add that a better browser than internet explorer or netscape is called "opera". it blocks popups and has many other neat functions.

here's their website

http://www.opera.com