Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Luba and Cactus Flower where are you?????

Princesss04
November 11th, 2004, 08:18 AM
Is Luba and Cactus Flower never coming back. I know I have heard alot of stories but it really looks like they will not be back anymore. I hope that is not right I sure miss them. :confused:

moontamara
November 11th, 2004, 08:31 AM
I don't know about Luba, but Cactus Flower has a very full off-line life and I think she just found herself less-addicted... she'll probably be back now and then, but not on a daily basis. I hear from her sometimes, and she and her family (including pets) are doing great!

sammiec
November 11th, 2004, 08:32 AM
Catcus Flower has been back once and a while. She's really busy with school and her mother moving down to New Mexico with her. She was upset last time she was here because the board had grown so cold and unfriendly to each other - she said it cured her addiction. I believe it's similar for Luba. (well, the addiction part is cured.) She's busy with her off line life now, doing great!

mastifflover
November 11th, 2004, 09:23 AM
That is too bad they are missed

Princesss04
November 11th, 2004, 09:45 AM
I understand how they feel things have really changed here lately. I am not here as much as I use to be. I am not sure what is up.

SSAC
November 11th, 2004, 10:48 AM
I can tell you that Luba is busy opening up her own business :thumbs up
I do know what you mean as to the "site changing". It seems that the "friendly banter" has somewhat dissappeared :(

I don't come on as much anymore. It seems "cold" here now. I can't put my finger on exactly why.

mastifflover
November 11th, 2004, 11:27 AM
I have to say for a while it was getting bad but it seems to be getting friendly and supportive again and I hope it keeps going this way.

Catt31
November 14th, 2004, 08:49 AM
She was upset last time she was here because the board had grown so cold and unfriendly to each other - she said it cured her addiction.

Ditto on my part!!! :sad: It is very upsetting coming in here and finding it unfriendly and a bit "chilly"........ It has also cured my addiction, although I do pop in once in awhile, I don't post as much as I used to. I do miss the friendly people though!

Dragonfly
November 14th, 2004, 09:20 AM
Is the "chill" something that we can fix?

As a new moderator, I have tried not to be a "buttinski" but if you are not happy, let me know and I will see what I can do to help things out.

chico2
November 14th, 2004, 12:54 PM
Although I really miss Luba-buuba and Cactusflower,I have to disagree about the"chill".For a while things got a little nasty and right now we have the sad business of the Pit-Ban,but nasty people usually do not stick around very long.
I for one check in every morning and night and there is still a whole bunch of wonderful animal-lovers around to give good advice and support when needed :thumbs up

melanie
November 14th, 2004, 02:31 PM
oh yeah i know the chill, i dont think it can be fixed as this is a very popular place and you just cannot get that level of fun, happiness and kindness in such a large group. its very inpersonal too so i dont know, i just miss my friends, mona, bill and bob, woody, luba i miss em all and have you noticed waggie is missing oh well (i wonder if having to defend her dog ownership skills under a barrge of nasty comments had anythign to do with that :( ) yes that is a good example of chill factor.but i do applaud the inventors, im sure they did not expect this site to go off as it has, good on them i say, clever buggers. but for information purposes it is a great site, cna be a little dangerous at times if one askes the wrong Q, but in general great and useful advice..

but i was a little upset by the fact they did not say goodbye, it may sound silly but after playing with someone for a year it would be nice to hear a good bye, instead of worrying or wondering where they went.

so if your planning to leave, please stop in and say goodbye, we would all appreciate it and it will ease worries (i will too).

Writing4Fun
November 14th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Melanie, I can feel the sadness in your tone. I know you're planning on leaving soon, but I hope you change your mind and come back once in a while, just to keep in touch.

The mood here has changed in the short while I've been a member. Nothing I can pin down. Kinda like going back to an old haunt and finding it's not the same as you remember it to be. A few people have taken their friendships off-line and e-mail each other privately, which is great. To think that this forum is responsible for bringing friends together who otherwise would never have met - that's very encouraging!

I, too, miss Luba and Catus Flower. Waggie hasn't been gone too long - I hope her absence is temporary! To those of you still in touch with our missing members, please let them know that we're missing their company and hope they drop in to say "Hi" once in a while. Please wish Luba the best of luck with her business.

goldenblaze
November 14th, 2004, 06:09 PM
I Really miss Luba to me she was one smart person that everytime she gave advice it was from her heart wanted to do only the best for each person and their pet. :)

I do find the mood a little different but one thing that is still clear, most people do come here to ask advice and help other's when possible. People here really do love their pets and even though people don't always agree with you most people still stay around even if less time because they care about the animal their advice might just save.
Only my opinion
:)

sujean
November 14th, 2004, 06:57 PM
I do find the mood a little different but one thing that is still clear, most people do come here to ask advice and help other's when possible. People here really do love their pets and even though people don't always agree with you most people still stay around even if less time because they care about the animal their advice might just save.
Only my opinion
:)

i think that for one, people are very passionate about animals here, so for someone to voice their opinion LOUDLY seems to be the general trend. but furthermore, it seems that since i have joined, you find more and more posts from people that ask for advice but they don't seem to want to hear it. it almost feels like they are just waiting to hear what they want to hear.

also, one can't come on this board and post a question like "i like to beat my dog, am i good pet owner??" i mean, that is obviously over doing the statement but it almost feels like it has come down to that. i've only been a member since august and there have been some days where i read the stuff and think, man, surely there is something better to do with my time... but i read everything with a grain of salt. i am here for my pets' benefit-to learn, and that should be remembered by all.

sammiec
November 16th, 2004, 09:26 PM
I have shared this thread with Luba. She's very thankful!

Mel - when Luba left it was because her computer crashed and she has avoided getting it fixed. She wants to spend more time with her family, and enjoy life - offline! ;) It's not that she just left one day, please don't think that she just didn't care about you!! I fill her in on how things are going!
She's doing very well. We have a great conversation the other day... (for 4 hours :eek: )

I know I will be greatful to this board for her, if anything! There are so many people that I have met here that are just fantastic, so many understanding and caring people. Granted there have been some nasty ones and things went downhill for a bit... but I think we can pick it back up, I know we can get back to where we were!! It's up to us, no one else can do it for us guys!! :D

glasslass
November 17th, 2004, 01:39 PM
I've been off about a week, but I could never quit! I remember when Den-Den was attacked and I was falling apart. This forum was really there for me helping me to keep it together!