Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Well tommorrow is the big day

Iggette
November 10th, 2004, 08:36 PM
Hope I don't jinx this but.......tommorrow I will be doing my trial shift at work in hopes of securing a job I have dreamed of for ages, I will find out sometime friday if I will get the job or not :rolleyes:

....but here's to hopeing I'm gonna be spending my days with the dogs :thumbs up

Karin
November 10th, 2004, 09:34 PM
Here's to a great day and the start of a new job!

Feel Positive!

I am holding my glass high in a toast...

*CLINK*....to you!

Sneaky2006
November 10th, 2004, 11:12 PM
Good luck to you Iggettee!!! :thumbs up

Bugsy
November 11th, 2004, 12:38 AM
Good luck :thumbs up

Princesss04
November 11th, 2004, 09:16 AM
Good luck I am sure you will get it! :thumbs up

jackieb
November 11th, 2004, 11:36 AM
good luck iggette :thumbs up

Copper'sMom
November 11th, 2004, 11:43 AM
Good Luck :thumbs up

Iggette
November 11th, 2004, 09:26 PM
Wow what a day .....just got back from Doggy day care....it was a blast.....really awesome job....the only downfall would be the weather if it got bad...So now I guess I cross fingers and toes.

The dogs were all great and got along really well, there was like 18 of them. It was definitly a dream job I could get real used to. :crazy:

Schwinn
November 11th, 2004, 09:49 PM
Glad it went well! I'm pulling for you! (Since I hate my job, I'm going to have to live vicariously though you! ;) )

Iggette
November 12th, 2004, 06:21 AM
Schwinn....What do you do?....I really do hope I get it .....I want it so bad it's making me nervouse.....usually when I want something this bad I never get it.....I tried so hard to just relax afterwards and say to myself "ya its nice but dont get your hopes up" but Jeese its so hard :rolleyes:

Schwinn
November 12th, 2004, 08:33 AM
Schwinn....What do you do?....I really do hope I get it .....I want it so bad it's making me nervouse.....usually when I want something this bad I never get it.....I tried so hard to just relax afterwards and say to myself "ya its nice but dont get your hopes up" but Jeese its so hard :rolleyes:

I work for a call centre in downtown Toronto, for about 10 months now. I've been successful, but I can't stand it. I worked in banking for about seven years (I started while in school), and was let go and decided to pursue a career in policing. I was off work for a year, long story short, trying to get on the force. I was declined by the outside appraiser, which the sargeant for the hiring dept said she didn't agree with, and wanted me re-apply as soon as I'm allowed (had to wait one year). I just did my physical test to be re-certified to be allowed to re-apply. I'm applying to 4 or five departments in the next week.

Part of the reason I hate my job is I live in Georgina, and lately I've taken all the overtime I can. I'm up at 5:30 am, and don't get home until 9:30. I was just married in Sept (yay for me), and we are planning to start a family ASAP (hasn't been 3 months yet, so apparently I can't say anything). My wife makes almost double what I do, so I'm trying to make as much as I can now to sock it away.

But enough about me :) ...let us know how it works out!

raingirl
November 12th, 2004, 08:53 AM
Gosh! I thought it was bad going from Brampton to TOronto! I just looked where Georgina is!! You are up near Jacksons point!

mastifflover
November 12th, 2004, 11:33 AM
Crossing my fingers and toes for you I hope you get it. Life is so much more enjoyable when you like your job.

Schwinn
November 12th, 2004, 12:39 PM
Gosh! I thought it was bad going from Brampton to TOronto! I just looked where Georgina is!! You are up near Jacksons point!

I believe we are right beside it. We are actually in Keswick, which I've been told is the land of banjos and high foreheads, so we use Georgina. ;)

Writing4Fun
November 12th, 2004, 01:04 PM
LMAO! Yes, Schwinn, I've heard a fair amount of redneck jokes about Keswickians! :p

squarejane
November 13th, 2004, 12:42 AM
good luck iggette and keep us posted! sounds great!

@schwinn... i noticed you said it hasn't been 3 mos yet so you aren't supposed to say anything? :thumbs up hee hee hee! kids rule.

and for those of you in the redneck towns (i've spent my fair share of time there and can commiserate) here's a joke for you...

~why is it so hard to solve a crime in a redneck town?

~because the dna is all the same and there ARE no dental records!

Iggette
November 13th, 2004, 05:02 AM
Thanks for all the well wishes ......I still have not heard yet so another dya of no internet :eek: trying to keep the phone line open all day so it's a good thing I'm a early riser so I can get my fix :crazy:

chico2
November 13th, 2004, 09:40 AM
Awww Iggette,it must be like torture every time the phone rings....my fingers and toes are crossed for you,they just HAVE to give you that job,I would hire you :D