Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

ideas for party games/bar games

raingirl
November 10th, 2004, 01:08 PM
We have an annual department christmas party at a local Bar. I have a "suggestion" sheet in front of me asking for food, music, and game suggestions.

Usually we play Bingo for prizes, and we do the "pass the parcel". but that's about it. Because it's a bar, we don't have much room, so it has to be something people can do from where they are.

Anyone have any suggestions?? I did a search on the net, but most are physical games, which we can't do because it's a small bar.

GsdDiamond
November 10th, 2004, 01:19 PM
You could have mini poker tables, each playing a different kind of card game. One could be 21, another Texas Hold'em, 7 card stud on others. Since most bars won't allow gambling for money, you could have a silent gift exchange, with the poker winners granted a certain number of "chances" at a good prize. Of course, all presents will be wrapped, so it's kind of a "Let's make a deal" kinda atmosphere, without the costumes. If the person thinks they've got a good present, they claim the present as theirs and stop using their chances.
Have each employee put in a certain amount of money into a "kitty" and have a neutral person buy the gifts and wrap them. Make some gifts really wacky gag gifts, and make some of them really nice. Most people think, the bigger the better, or the smaller the better. Most won't go for the medium ones, so it would be funny to watch them try and pawn their present to someone else.