Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

DOG whines can't move head!!! HELP!!

xahv
November 10th, 2004, 07:40 AM
Hi,

I have a 12 year old Chihuahua/Pomeranian. Yesterday after my mom picked him up he started to cry and whine. Immediately when we placed him down his neck and body were stiff. He could not look up and he had serious issues walking.

After an hour everything seemed to go back to normal even though i noticed he still looked tired and sluggish.

This morning my dad took him for a walk and when he picked him up the same thing happened....my dog even has trouble lying down without crying.

Once again this lasted for about 1 hour and now he is able to lie down without problem...but he looks tired and is not as active as before.

I first thought that it was just a pinched nerve, now i am starting it might be something more serious like a back problem.

Please, any and all input is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Xahv

Goldenmom
November 10th, 2004, 07:42 AM
You have a VERY serious issue on your hands and you need to call the vet ASAP! Now! Don't wait for anymore replies on here.

Heather

xahv
November 10th, 2004, 07:50 AM
Dog is already on the way to the emergency clinic. I want different input. Last time he had epileptic attacks i went to 3 clinics and they all said that he had 3 different problems...i need other peoples experiences if possible or ideas thoughts...etc...

Thanks.

Goldenmom
November 10th, 2004, 07:52 AM
Dog is already on the way to the emergency clinic. I want different input. Last time he had epileptic attacks i went to 3 clinics and they all said that he had 3 different problems...i need other peoples experiences if possible or ideas thoughts...etc...

Thanks.

Nobody here is a licensed vet. What you are talking about is serious problems that only a vet will be able to diagnose.

sammiec
November 10th, 2004, 07:54 AM
We are not vets here. We are just animals lovers. Any input that we gove you would just be speculation. Your dog needs to be consulted by a vet, a couple if you're not satisfied, but we are not the people to tell you what is wrong, there are professionals for that.

We can do our best to support you and talk with you about your situation, but a vet MUST be consulted for a diagnosis!

Best of Luck! Please keep us updated on your pets condition!! :)

xahv
November 10th, 2004, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the support and i understand you are not vets. I was just hoping if someone experienced the same situation as me...

xahv
November 10th, 2004, 09:12 AM
news update...

vet says dog's neck is fine, probably sprained some part of his back. my dog was given anti-inflamatory drugs and he was put on a "no exercise" regime for the next two days....apparently he should be fine....

:)

mastifflover
November 10th, 2004, 10:13 AM
Glad to hear you dog is going to be okay

ShielaMonique
November 12th, 2004, 12:27 AM
um...well first not a vet...but when i used to have my old dog when she got older the first thing she started having probs with was her hips she end up having hip surgery, if your dog seems to get bad again call your vet and ask if they did x-rays to check for hip displacement or fracture,but i do hope your dogs health only gets better