Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

kind of a strange question.

Jackie467
November 9th, 2004, 05:40 PM
I know this question is a bit strange but i'v always wondered about it. Whenever i clean my cat's litter box she always jumps in right when i'm done, sometimes even before i'm done and uses it. sometimes I'll clean up the mess she just made and she jumps right back in and trys to go again even when she just went not even 3 seconds before. Does anyone elses cat do this? Why is she doing it? it almost seems like she's afraid that if she doesn't use it right away the box will disapear or something. It's like she doesn't want it clean. Is this normal or do I just have a strange cat? just so no one misunderstands she has always done this (11 almsot 12 yrs. now) since she was a kitten so it's not a medical problem.

Sneaky2006
November 9th, 2004, 09:42 PM
I can say with confidence that this is totally normal!!!!!
I hear (from the basement) every other day from my husband "go ahead snook, take a *****)
I laugh every time too. Snooky waits at the top of the stairs and as soon as my husband is done cleaning it, he runs, not walks, runs full force to the box. :D

Lucky Rescue
November 9th, 2004, 09:47 PM
My cats are the same. Sometimes I'm not even finished pouring the litter in when one of them will jump in and use it.

I think they really love it when it's clean, and have a kind of "ME FIRST" attitude. :p

Iggette
November 10th, 2004, 07:54 AM
When I clean the boxes I wait 15 minutes and then go and do it again sometimes its funny with 7 cats trying to do the first poop in the clean box :D

chico2
November 10th, 2004, 08:02 AM
Sneaky,first of all,I commend your husband for doing the litter-box :thumbs up my husband would not go within miles of the boxes...he'll do anything for the cats,but not clean the litter :p I tell him,it's like "shake-and-bake"but no go!
I do the same as Iggette,wait a bit,then go down and pick out the new stuff,it's like the cats compete over who is going to baptise the fresh litter :p