Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

multiple breed ban proposed

lezzpezz
November 9th, 2004, 06:50 AM
I just heard on the news (CBC radio 1) that London, where I live, is pushing thru a breed ban bylaw without waiting for the proposed Ontario pit bull ban to be passed! Councillors meet today and decide upon one of the two following:

1) ban ALL dangerous breeds, including pb's, akitas and rotweillers :eek: ; I'm not sure what other breeds little ol' London has on the list, but CBC did mention these 3 specifically.

2) muzzle all dangerous dogs;

and for added umph:

3) require muzzles to be worn on ALL dogs in public, regardless of temperment or breed.

Councillor Roger Caranci doesn't think #3 will fly, however. Boy that makes me feel like voting for him....NOT.

The public imput meeting is scheduled for Nov. 16th, but I don't think that they are gonna wait! Now what???

Is this the beginning of the end of dogs in Canada?? We were warned by many of you out there that this would happen and that it certainly does affect any and every dog owner. Well, here's your proof!
:mad:

tyr
November 9th, 2004, 02:17 PM
So the feared is happening!!!! This is completely disgusting. Something will stop this craziness I am sure. They were getting away with Pit owners but now they are pushing the buttons of many more dog owners - good luck with that one! When you piss too many people off expect some reaction from a majority of society.

This is so wrong :mad: