Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Itchy Cat!!!

presciousface
November 8th, 2004, 11:01 AM
My Baby Girl Meow Meow Is 3, Spayed And Very Unique Personality Wise.she's As Black As The Ace Of Spades Completely So It Was Very Easy To Notice Her Hair Coming Out In Little Tuffs With A Small Amount Of Dried Skin With It.she's Scratching All The Time.
I Know She Is Trying To Tell Me Something, Shes Bawling At Me All The Time And Is Normally Very Quiet. Shes Not Sick ,eating Well Nothing Has Changed In Our Family To Cause Stress So Im Thinking Possibly A Fungal Infection.whatta You Think Id Rather Handle It On My Own If Possible But If Necessary She Is Due For Her Shots In A Couple Of Months . Please If Any One Has Any Insight Would Apprechiate It. Thanks Much.

GsdDiamond
November 8th, 2004, 11:19 AM
If you wait a couple of months she could either be bald or scratched raw.

Don't wait to bring her to the Vet. Do it immediately. If it's a skin infection, it could spread systematically and do more harm in the long run.

Good luck! Keep us posted.

BaileysMom
November 10th, 2004, 05:40 PM
Hi

I can sympathize with you as I have had many cats over the years with this problem. I have found most of my problems were due to a flea sensitivity and as soon as I cleared up the fleas the cat's skin cleared up. I currently have a cat whose skin problems were so severe that we almost had to put her down. She was tearing all her hair out and she was miserable. With her it is a severe food allergy. We now have her on a special duck and rice food from the vet and she has been fine for years now. She gets absolutely nothing else to eat. She was even allergic to the lamb and rice food.

Try these two things (fleas first) and see if it doesn't help.

Let us know how you make out.

vcheng79
November 11th, 2004, 10:51 PM
one of my cats pull out her fur by clumps too...but when i checked to see if she has any bald sports I can't find any...what does that mean? My other cat Sabrina also has severe skin allergy...when we were in Vancouver, we had carpets all over the house except the kitchen and bathrooms...when I first took them home I put them in the kitchen and they were fine...after I let them out, she kept on scratching there were a few raw sports on her body, one of them was even breeding a bit...i took her to the vet a couple of times but nothing worked...it cleared up when i brought them to Hong Kong with me...now she has no more skin problem...

ShielaMonique
November 12th, 2004, 12:21 AM
My mother has a black cat aswell ( a bamba) and she started to lose hair in chuncks too. with very dry skin to go with it... well the only conclution we could come to was it was her hormons....she had a litter of kittens about 4 months ago and her hair....well lets just say she doesnt have bad hair days anymore, her coat is thiker then before.
maybe you should bring her to the vet to see if its because shes gonna be a mamma...if not that then possibly axima

presciousface
November 12th, 2004, 02:31 PM
My Meow Meow Is Back In Top Shape!her Hair Looks Good Her Lumps From Scratching Are Gone And I Noticed Shes Definately Not ScratchinG Nearly As Much As She Was.meow Meow Is Spayed And Has Never Had A Family Of Her Own Except Cotton Balls A Big Albino Male I Adopted Of The Street When He Was 8 Weeks Old.he Is Now One And Weighs A Ton !!!as My Boys Like To Rhyme.I think It May Have Been The Change In Weather Maybe Her Winter Coat Coming In . But It Was Quite Unusual For Her To Be So Itchy And Balding Her Self In Little Patches.OH Well Were Good For Now , She Has Her Visit To The Doctors Coming Up Soon!!! Last Minute Thought I Had Used The Store Bought Flea Medication For The Back Of The Neck, I Usually Get Her Advantage From Her Dr. But Something Happened Didn't Get The Chance And Didn't Want Her Unprotected. Has Anyone Any Experience With Their Cat And The Store Brand Flea Control, Possibly My Cat Had A Reaction. Let Me Know Guys!! Thanks .