Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The Time Has Come

bittsmom
November 8th, 2004, 10:36 AM
Hello out there,
Today is a sad :sad: day for our family...Tuggs our big, orange, 17 yr.old himalayan cat is due to be sent to "pet heaven" this comming Thursday November 11 at 7 P.M..... After all the surgeries and treatments of all kinds for his urinary problems....and now he is blind, losing some of his teeth and is having problems getting around in the mornings...arthritis it seems.... He has started urinating in different places again... we have already lost a couple of couches to this problem....and now he has done the deed on one of our new leather chairs..... it's time.... but we feel very, very sad :sad: Tuggs and my daughter are both the same age.... and eventhough we have another cat..a 3 yr.old female ragdoll we call She-ra... Tuggs will be missed greatly by our family and also by She-ra.... :sorry:
On another matter...though related.... how does one get urine demarkation off leather...the urine got on the leather but did not penetrate to the cushion part.... any advice??? :confused: Thank you in advance for any input...
A sad.. :sad: bittsmom & family

GsdDiamond
November 8th, 2004, 11:23 AM
I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this tough time in your lives. Put your mind to rest though, knowing that he's going to cross the Rainbow Bridge and wait for you, in perfect health, on the other side!

A 17 year old cat has lived a long, full life, and it sounds like he had a life full of love. So much love, in fact, that you won't let him suffer. It's a very kind thing you're doing for him. You've done all you can, and he knows that.

I don't have any advice to give regarding your leather sofas. Perhaps someone else here has advice about that.

Luvmypit
November 8th, 2004, 12:15 PM
Im very sorry about your loss! I know your cat has a great life and am sure appreciates all you have done. Hes old and deserves to go in peace. Your doing the right thing.

Again I am really sorry and a hope you find comfort in knowing its the best thing for him as he is suffering

:sorry:

bittsmom
November 8th, 2004, 12:20 PM
Thank you so much for your kind words....Eventhough deep down in our hearts we know this is best for Tuggs, it will be difficult to let him go ... :sad: but we all beleive one day we will be reunited...
Hopefully She-ra will adjust to his passing..... as she continuously follows him around...she even sits and waits for him when he is eating.... she has taken to sleeping beside him...where usually they sleep on different chairs...
Again, thank you for your reply,
bittsmom :love:

Lucky Rescue
November 8th, 2004, 01:34 PM
This is the worst time for pet lovers. I"m so sorry you will losing your baby and know you will miss him very much. :sad:

He is a lucky boy to have had such a long life and to be so loved.

CyberKitten
November 8th, 2004, 03:24 PM
Awwwwww!! My heart goes out to you!!! This is such a hard time for you and having gone thru ot myself, I really identify with you. Our pets are our babies and we love them so much! I am sure she has brought you so much joy!!!

I am not sure how to answer the leather question. I had a beautiful suede jacket that my bunny chewed part of and he was more important to me than the jacket so I did not seek ways to fix it. (I still have it and one of these days may see what a dry cleaner can do) Have you considered a dry cleaner. Also Halley's Book of Hints may help. (I have it around somewhere)

Good luck and give yourself lots of time and things to do to keep your mind off your loved kitty when he goes!

bittsmom
November 8th, 2004, 04:40 PM
Thank you all so much for your warm and thoughtful words and wishes...ir truely does a heart good :) :love:
As for the leather sofa cushion....problem solved....I was given some advice along with a cleaning product from a leather goods retail store.
Thank you again everyone,
bittsmom :)

glasslass
November 8th, 2004, 05:05 PM
I'm sorry to hear what you and your family are going through right now. This is the downside of pet ownership, but the years of love and devotion make it all worth it. This is the last kind, loving act you are doing for your kitty and I'm glad you are not letting him down. Our sympathies are with you! :sad:

mastifflover
November 8th, 2004, 05:07 PM
I know how you feel and my heart goes out to you and your family. But you are doing the right thing as you have his whole life why make him suffer if he doesnt have to. You are in my thoughts.