Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Boxer Q's Anything would help!!!

Donnie
November 7th, 2004, 11:34 PM
I just got my own...1st dog!!. She is a 22 week old boxer. One thing i have noticed and am concerned about is that she has hickups quite often. Is this normal or is there something causing this?? (Few times a day [2-4])
Also I was just wondering if dogs usually have dreams and do they twitch when sleeping...legs twitch etc. I thought it could have maybe been mild seizures but when i call her name she wakes up and no more twitching. Any reply from an experienced handler would be appreciated!!!
Thanks!!!!! :thumbs up

DogueLover
November 7th, 2004, 11:47 PM
Hi!
As for the hiccups I can`t really say, I know it is common in human babies but not sure what the scoop is in dog babies.
But as for the dream thing, yes dogs dream and some will even whimper or bark quietly, my DOGUE angel dreams all the time and she even barks in her sleep....... makes sleeping anywhere near her an event in its own.
My friend has had boxers for a long time I will check with her about the hiccup thing, I know that my baby rotty did it once in a while, usually just after drinking maybe he drank too fast not sure.

hounds003
November 7th, 2004, 11:58 PM
Congratulations on your new baby! Here's a link to hiccups, hope it puts your mind at ease. If we could dream like a dog, life would be much more fun! :D

http://www.purinaone.com/dogcare_cond_atoz_article.asp?Seed=762&ArticleNumber=30061

Bugsy
November 8th, 2004, 12:06 AM
Hi
Congrats on your new addition. Puppies have a way of just making us
laugh out loud..don't they? Everything is "new" to them..enjoy this time.
To answer your questions, yup both normal. FYI the twitching means the
pup is dreaming. :D

k.soto89
October 27th, 2008, 09:28 PM
I have 2 boxer about 1 yrs old an on that is 1 1/2 yrs old they both twitch alot from dreams and hiccup so yes your little baby is OK

totallyhip
October 28th, 2008, 12:40 AM
I have 3 boxers. One of my guys had hiccups quite alot when he was a pup. I feel so bad for them! :sad: He is 5 years old now and doesn't get them as often now.

YES dreams dreams dreams! I think they say that they are chasing rabbits :D Our girl has the worst dreams. I sometimes think she is going to just run off the bed the way her legs are kicking. Our guy Han sometimes has them horrible too. We used to wake them up when they got bad. Just gave them a little shake. We DON'T do that anymore. Han jumped up from his dream and nipped my hubby. I think he was having a nightmare :eek:

erykah1310
October 28th, 2008, 09:38 PM
I miss the puppy hiccups :(
But yeah, perfectly normal.

umm, can we see pics of the dreamy hiccup pup? It really is the best way for us to determine all is well :D lol

erykah1310
October 28th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Oh, one more thing, just to prepare you for it... do a search here on "boxer bombs" they can be quite the paint peeling farts :D

Karin
October 28th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Oh, one more thing, just to prepare you for it... do a search here on "boxer bombs" they can be quite the paint peeling farts :D

I think a better word is ..."lethal". ..It is true, I was almost a victim myself.

zomo
October 31st, 2008, 09:20 PM
LOL I have a two boxer bomb factory LOL Seriously, they are doing better since eating grain free food.Yougurt is also known to help with this situation. I sure would like to see some pictures of your sweet baby :)

rainbow
November 1st, 2008, 04:01 AM
This thread was started almost 4 years ago and none of the original posters are still active members. :)