Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

carbohydrates and dog farts

melanie
November 7th, 2004, 04:00 PM
charlie has been a stinker lately, found out yesterday that if carbs are not cooked properly thay can cause bad farts, or flatulence if that makes you feel better.

i did not cook some rice thoroughly the other day and boy am i paying for it. so its good to know that rice, potatos and all carbs need to be cooked throughly for everyones comfort and happiness. :thumbs up

goldenblaze
November 7th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Mel
I must say that is one problem I've never had with my two boys but my bosses golden is a stinker and even Blaze moves away from Frodo when needed. :eek:

melanie
November 7th, 2004, 04:45 PM
honestly it has been disgusting, she has even left the room on occassion because of the smell so that must be really bad :D but it is only really bad recently and after a bit of investigation i found out aboutthe carbs. although some foods, eating too fast, age, illness and such can all cause the prob.

but her food is the same as usual, she always eats fast and nothing has changed except i had a feeling that rice was not done properly and the medical book i have says that uncooked or partially cooked carbs is a big reason for a normal healthy dog to have bad farts :D

its just been horrid, and i dont want her near me the little stinky butt, and the worst thing is when ever i run around grosing out and carrying on, hubby always gives me a funny look like i did it, if so then i need to see a doctor, hes a bugger, so now i run around gagging and screaming it wasnt me, it was her, and what do you hear from the other room 'yeah sure it was' :eek:

but no carbs for the past 2 days and the problem seems to be going, just grose. :eek: :love: ;) and my sister inlaw will be ocming to vist on the weekend and she is really fancy and what not, so she would die if she smealt it, i would be embarassed, i will jsut tie a air freshener to stinky butts tail if i have too :D

(poor frodo, but with a name .like that maybe blaze moves for another reason, only kidding :D )

moontamara
November 7th, 2004, 07:16 PM
Is there anything funnier than dog farts? Anyone read "The Hotel New Hampshire?" That was one farty farty dog.... :eek:

Anyway, Casey seems to be okay with fruit, but I haven't given him much in the way of vegetables, and any rice I give him is left over from the rice cooker and very well cooked... so I don't know

Cinnabear
November 8th, 2004, 02:10 AM
My female has gas problems too. I have no idea what causes them. She is fed dry dog crunchies. But boy are they ever wicked. :D

Iggette
November 8th, 2004, 09:13 AM
Oh melanie I can relate dog farts are most embaressing when company is comming but I must say .......
I was rotflmao at the visual of poor frodo walking around with a freshener on his smelly bum.....lmao :D

sujean
November 8th, 2004, 01:24 PM
do you dogs run away from their farts?

my dog runs after letting one loose. he even sometimes looks surprised at the noise and the smell!

it is a rare treat that he is allowed on the bed. but if he farts while on the bed, he departs immediately and doesn't come back until next time he is allowed up (which is about once a month). if he can't even stand the smell, how can we????

Writing4Fun
November 8th, 2004, 02:10 PM
OK guys, funny fart story here. When hubby and I moved to Ontario some 6 years ago, we had no idea about gas furnaces (Quebec being predominantly heated by electric baseboards). On New Year's Eve, we wake up in the morning and notice this gawd-awful smell. Could it be a gas leak? :eek: We have no idea. But it's nowhere else in the house, just in our bedroom. We wait a couple of hours for the smell to clear, but it doesn't. So we call the gas company. We figure it's going to cost a fortune for a technician to come out on New Year's Eve, but we can't take the chance. The gas guy comes out and checks the furnace. Everything is fine. Where was this smell again? We take him to the bedroom, where it's just starting to dissipate (some 4 hours later). Do we have kids, he asks? Not yet, we answer. He says, judging by the smell, he would have thought someome hid a dirty diaper somewhere in the room. Just then, hubby remembers seeing Murphy slink out of the room when we woke up that morning (she would normally be right there to say "good morning"). Would you believe it? :evil: Stinky dog farts up our bedroom and then leaves before we could blame it on her! Are we sure it was her? Yup, she would always leave the room when she farted, but it was never bad enough for us to suspect a gas leak! Gas man had such a good laugh that he didn't even charge us for the visit. :o

melanie
November 8th, 2004, 04:19 PM
lol, lol lol lol oh im sure the gas man has repeated that story a few times, that is just funny. ruddy dog.

i find it amazing that her farts surprise ehr sometimes, she will let one go and the look all shocked an look at her bum really closely, it just cracks me up, how cna it surprise her. stinky old girl.

no carbs for several days now and the onslaught is subsiding, she does not leave the romm for most of them, but the really bad ones even she leaves, now they have to be bad. im just so glad it is going away, oh how embarassing. poor dogs :D

moon, i have never heard of that book, but will keep an eye out next visit to the library :D :D

glasslass
November 8th, 2004, 05:58 PM
Den-Den gets really insulted looking if he's in one of our laps and we fart. He'll actually jump off and change laps. :D