Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pooping Problems?

MPickering
November 7th, 2004, 02:57 AM
Ok, this might sound weird. Paws (our new 8 week old lab) has had diarrea since we got her. A friend of mine said that it's because she's just a pup and that's normal but Peaches (shih tzu) never did when she was a pup. Is this normal? Or should I be concerned?

marko
November 7th, 2004, 05:41 AM
Not Normal! Needs to see a vet.

2Cats&AGolden
November 7th, 2004, 05:03 PM
I agree with Marko - take the puppy to the vet, this is not normal. In the meantime make sure she has an unlimited supply of water so she doesn't dehydrate.

MPickering
November 8th, 2004, 05:20 PM
Ok I went to the vet this morning and he asid that he thinks something in her food is irriatating her stomach (she's been eating Eukanuba) and suggested that we try a different type of food and see if that changes things and if not, then we have to go back. So, I've bought her new food but she hasn't eaten any of it yet, will pretty quick though. How long will it take to change if this works? Will it be immediate or will it take several days? I don't know and I didn't think to ask the vet that.

Lucky Rescue
November 8th, 2004, 07:19 PM
I agree that Eukanuba is not good food. What did you switch her to? If it's better quality food, it should take a few days at least to make a difference.

MPickering
November 8th, 2004, 08:07 PM
I got Nutro Ultra, the vet didn't suggest anything perticular, just something that doesn't have as much grain in it. So I bought the Nutro because I read on the postings here that it's supposed to be really good. Figured that I would give it a try. I hope it works.