Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Chews foot

Shaykeija
November 5th, 2004, 10:54 AM
Hi Missie started doing something weird a few months ago. She puts her whole foot in her mouth and chews it. She has been checked out by the vet and there is nothing wrong with her foot. He actually shaved her foot to get a good look. Kind of makes me think of a kid with it's thumb stuck in her mouth. Missie doesn't chew hard enough to make it raw and has not chewed off any hair. She's not exposed to any harmful chemicals, no hot spots and no allergies. Just a :crazy: little :evil: furbaby i guess. Just wondering if anyone else's dog does this.

lilith_rizel
November 5th, 2004, 10:58 AM
YES! Cano does the same thing. He likes to chew his back paws. He'll scratch, and then it almost seems as if he notices his foot for the first time, and trys to kill it. It is probably something like tail chasing. My friends dog also does the same thing, so I don't think there is a need to worry.

heeler's rock!
November 5th, 2004, 10:59 AM
My dog Kia does this sometimes. Mostly when she's scratching her ear, she'll look at her back foot, and start chewing but also not for very long or hard. I just laugh it up to her being a weirdo!! :D

Dukieboy
November 5th, 2004, 11:05 AM
Hi Missie started doing something weird a few months ago. She puts her whole foot in her mouth and chews it. She has been checked out by the vet and there is nothing wrong with her foot. He actually shaved her foot to get a good look. Kind of makes me think of a kid with it's thumb stuck in her mouth. Missie doesn't chew hard enough to make it raw and has not chewed off any hair. She's not exposed to any harmful chemicals, no hot spots and no allergies. Just a :crazy: little :evil: furbaby i guess. Just wondering if anyone else's dog does this.
When he was a little tiny guy

lilith_rizel
November 5th, 2004, 11:10 AM
It could be the same as a childs thumb sucking.

jjgeonerd
November 5th, 2004, 11:57 AM
Gabby does it too...usually after scratching...pretty funny!

Great picture Dukieboy!!