Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Mastifflover is my hero

Sheriffmom
November 4th, 2004, 10:32 PM
Mastifflover heard about a dog in need. A dog my family was unable to adopt as we have my little sister over a lot, and the dog was known to have some agression issues. I told Mastifflover about what a sweet boy he was, and how much George needed to be loved. George had had a rough life, and seemed to respond well to being around other dogs, and was constantly seeking love and affection. Mastifflover heard about how sad we were that we would not be able to take George in, and heard that this poor little tank might be PTS because he was running out of options due to the rescue not being able to place him.
Mastifflover and Buddy went to see George, and they began to foster him. Hopeing to give him a second chance at life and a chance to be loved and cared for.
Sadly George bit a friend of Mastifflovers. Mastifflover did the right thing due to the severity of the bite, and informed the authorities.
Even though George bit her friend, Mastifflover has continued to foster this little boy, until he is quarentined and in the end will be PTS. She is even makeing sure that George has a fantastic, and fun filled last few days.
My heart is breaking, I can't imagine what she is going through.
I want to thank Mastifflover from the bottom of my heart, for giving George probably the happiest few weeks of his life.... and for having to endure this increadibly painful ending to an already sad story.
Mastifflover you are a hero!! :angel:

Bugsy
November 4th, 2004, 11:24 PM
Mastifflover :angel:

"Ditto" :thumbs up

GsdDiamond
November 5th, 2004, 10:26 AM
I agree wholeheartedly. :angel:

Mysts38
November 5th, 2004, 10:39 AM
One of a kind Mastifflover :thumbs up

sammiec
November 5th, 2004, 10:47 AM
This is what I think of you!!!

http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/angels/teu26.gif

;)

You're one of a kind. You have a great big heart and a love of animals that I admire! You're a great person... or you make it look like you are... :eek:

:p

mastifflover
November 5th, 2004, 11:15 AM
Well thanks for making me cry. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all your kind words and support though the last week which has been pretty tough. But I think many of you would do the samething if you were in my place. Sherriffsmom I do not regret one minute except of course the bite of having George with us, and even today knowing tomorrow is his last day with us at home. I know that he has been happy hogging all Buddys toys and he even sleeps beside my bed near Buddy so I have stereo snoring. This little tank will be missed. Actually thank you for putting us in touch with Mary and I will definitely foster again. Sometimes it doesn't work out but I think more times than not it does. ((((((((HUGS for all))))))))))
Robin aka Mastifflover and Buddy and George.

Lucky Rescue
November 6th, 2004, 09:03 AM
Thank you mastifflover for giving this poor dog the only love and kindness he may ever have known in his short life.

I am so sorry things turned out this way. :sad:

Luvmypit
November 9th, 2004, 10:15 AM
Although he has to be PTS I think you did a great job and george got a second chance.

Its great what you did and the dog world needs people like you!! ;)