Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Family Care Provider

lilith_rizel
November 4th, 2004, 05:17 PM
My husband and I have been thinking about me becoming a family care provider (FCC). I went to an orientation yesterday. We want to do daycare, because we have decided that I am going to be a stay at home mother, and we want to bring in some extra money. The great thing about the program here, is that you are only allowed to have 6 children enrolled at your home daycare center. I am posting this for information from people who have ran a daycare out of thier home, so I know if I really want to do this or not, before I get too far into it. If I do choose to open a daycare, I will be taking the required classes, that include, meals and nutrition, first aid & CPR, and child development. The classes are from 8 am to 6 pm 5 days a week, for a week and a half. Then after that, I have a provisional cerificate for 6 months, and will be monitored by the FCC agents, to see if I can run a proper center.
Is there anything I should know before hand. Any positives or negatives that may help me choose what I really want to do.

Writing4Fun
November 4th, 2004, 05:24 PM
Hi Lilith. I just sent you a PM. :)