Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

phones and pastries

raingirl
November 4th, 2004, 02:55 PM
I have someone on the phone right now who won't get off!

And I have a pastry in front of me...I want to eat it!!

GsdDiamond
November 4th, 2004, 03:37 PM
I would say: "Don't mind me while I eat my pastry. You keep talking and I'll listen!"

Then dig in!!!! :p

raingirl
November 4th, 2004, 03:39 PM
hahah. Talk about RESTRAINT!

The guy was just venting...thank god it was not venting at me..just his situation.

I love being a claims adjuster. :sick:

GsdDiamond
November 4th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Oh....you're at work!!!! Then don't tell him you're eating the pastry and just take small bites. :D :D :D :eek:

Karin
November 4th, 2004, 03:45 PM
Oops...I accidently read the title as *Phoneys and Pasties* and I thought..... WHAT?

You may go back to your lives now.

lilith_rizel
November 4th, 2004, 03:50 PM
I lave pastries. I should tell hubby to take me to a bakery tonight! I could go for a fresh baked bakery item right now. I don't know what, but I just have that craving right now. Thanks Raingirl!

LavenderRott
November 4th, 2004, 04:12 PM
Custard filled donuts. 'Nuff said.

Writing4Fun
November 4th, 2004, 04:25 PM
I lave pastries. I should tell hubby to take me to a bakery tonight! I could go for a fresh baked bakery item right now. I don't know what, but I just have that craving right now. Thanks Raingirl!
OK, Lilith. You're going to get a kick outta this one. :D There is an old wives' tale (I think it is Italian in origin) that if a pregnant woman is craving a certain food, or if she is presented with a type of food, she absolutely HAS TO have at least a small taste of it. Why? Because if she does not, the next place on her own body that the mom touches herself, the baby will be born with a birthmark on that part of her body - not only that, but the birthmark will have the shape and/or colour of that particular food! Eg. If you're craving strawberries and don't eat one, and then you touch your arm, your baby will supposedly be born with a strawberry-shaped mark on her arm. That is why, if you are having a craving and can't get to that particular food right away, you had better touch your bum quick. Otherwise, you might touch an exposed part of your body by mistake - and who wants to be responsible for giving their baby an exposed birthmark?! Isn't that an absolute riot?! The things we come up with to get away with eating whatever we want!! :crazy:

GsdDiamond
November 4th, 2004, 04:40 PM
Cool tale! There's a pregnant co-worker who'll be going on Mat leave soon. I'll have to tell her that one and she can see if it's true!!!!

heidiho
November 4th, 2004, 05:26 PM
MMMMMMMMMMMM!!! Canoli's............love those......

lilith_rizel
November 4th, 2004, 05:30 PM
I have a huge birthmark on my right, inner thigh. It is about the size of a baseball. I totally forgot I had it until your story! I have other smaller birthmarks as well. I guess my mom must have had lots of cravings! LOL

Bugsy
November 5th, 2004, 12:57 AM
Writing4fun

You are correct. It is an old italian wives tale. FYI I have a small birthmark on my inner thigh...my mom said it was because during her pregnancy with me
she craved coffee beans.... :D

GsdDiamond
November 5th, 2004, 11:16 AM
What's my birthmark then? I have a Maple Leaf shaped mark on the small of my back. Does that mean my mom wanted Maple Syrup when she was expecting me? LOL

:D :D :D :D

lilith_rizel
November 5th, 2004, 11:25 AM
Are you serious about the shape of your birthmark? That is so cool. I love birthmarks. I think that the add a special touch to people who have them. James has a very light birthmark on his chest. It is hard to find it, most of the time. But it is there. He showed it to me once. Half the time he can't even find it, because it is so light. :D

crazyhorse
November 5th, 2004, 11:05 PM
That is funny because my son was born with a heart shape birth mark on his forehead that is faint now but it shows up when he cries or is really mad and I craved tomato juice, which I can not stand but he loves.

Iggette
November 6th, 2004, 08:08 AM
My daughter has a birthmark on her inner thigh....it just looks like a blotch of paint (for the shape...size of an apple) but with no darker colour....you cant see it until she tans....it is the only spot that will not tan :confused:

What the heck was I craving that I didn't eat :rolleyes:

glasslass
November 6th, 2004, 01:35 PM
Oh wow! Just a sudden thought! What if you don't get your cinnamon bun or whatever and you touch your heiny? Bun shaped birthmark on your bun? :crazy:

On the 20th, hubby and I are attending a "Pastries, Pies & Tarts" cooking class at a winery in the mountains. We've gone to several classes there and it's so much fun. Eat alot afterwards! Can't wait! Pastries :love: Pies :love: Tarts :love: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 13th, 2005, 12:12 AM
My husband has a birthmark on his back. My oldest son doesnt have them. My youngest son has one on his leg that is shaped like a diamond. He also has a freckle in his ear when I mention it he tries to take it off. Then he will tell me that its not there anymore. I dont have any birth marks but I have a big freckle right on my nose.

Prin
December 13th, 2005, 02:36 AM
LOL JECM- Where did this thread come from? Since it's revived, how come I don't have any birthmarks in the shape of different alcoholic drinks or cigarettes? Oh... Nevermind.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 13th, 2005, 10:32 AM
I dont what happen either I didnt check the date on it. I think thats way they have tatoo artists so those of us that dont have birthmarks can have something to call their own. I was thinking of getting a ciggarette and a bottle of beer tatooed on my lower back.

Just to get back to the original topic, if you get a tatoo, I would reccomend eating a pastry at the same time to take your mind off of the pain.

joeysmama
December 13th, 2005, 11:07 AM
When I was pregnant my father was always asking me if I had a 'Wul-ee" (I don't know the correct spelling but it's Italian slang for craving) Because a pregnant woman MUST HAVE what she's craving.

I had to have chocolate marshmallow peanut sundaes with my son. And peanut butter and honey sandwiches. That was the only time I had PB and honey and it's one of my son's favorite snacks. But he wouldn't eat marshmallow on a dare. (he ate it once without knowing what it was and loved it--so it's just the idea of marshmallow he hates?)

With my daughter it was lemon Italian Ice which I do not like, except for those nine months when I thought about it all the time. :rolleyes:

Oh, we're staying on topic right? It's pastry isn't it??

I know I'm a month too late with this advice but go ahead and eat the pastry !! IT's not like your biting into and apple or a handful of nuts. The guy on the other end won't hear you over the sound of his own voice !!

Dog Mom
December 13th, 2005, 02:41 PM
when my mom was preggers with me she craved and ate strawberries all the time, and I have a "strawberry birthmark" on the back of my neck!!

Prin
December 13th, 2005, 06:18 PM
I know I'm a month too late with this advice but go ahead and eat the pastry !! IT's not like your biting into and apple or a handful of nuts. The guy on the other end won't hear you over the sound of his own voice !!
LOL More like a year and a month late...:D

joeysmama
December 13th, 2005, 10:45 PM
LOL !! I love this site so much I'm going back a year in the posts to make up for lost time !!!;) I guess that pastry really IS history by now.

Prin
December 14th, 2005, 12:58 AM
LOL If not by raingirl, then by some sort of fungi or bacteria...:yuck: :D

mafiaprincess
December 14th, 2005, 12:10 PM
I went to Women's College Hospital to talk about gettign my birthmark removed...

The dr tried to tell me what Lilith wrote about making you unique.. And I suppose it's right..

But when you've had one your whole life that got you teased through elementary and high school.. you don't feel unique.. and you don't want it anymore.

Mines on my cheek, size of a quarter...
And they can't laser remove it. I'm too worried about symmetry to have it 'cut out' freaks me out..