Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

kennel question

SarahLynn123
November 4th, 2004, 11:12 AM
Im just wondering why some boarding kennels have viewings by appointment only, It makes me think they dont want you to walk in on them doing something there not suppose to. Or it gives them enough time to cover stuff up. Maybe I worry too much and its just easier that way for them. Maybe someone could ease my concience on this.
thanks
Sarah

quiklab
November 4th, 2004, 12:03 PM
It is possible that the kennel is trying to cover something up. It is also possible that they were rather not have visitors at busy times such as drop off or pick up times, since they may be too busy to give you the full tour, or they may simply not want visitors during the daily cleaning periods. It is good to be suspicious, but don't discount a kennel simply because they only allow visits by appointments. Visit as many boarding kennels as you can before you make a decision.

Hope that helps,
Erin

BMDLuver
November 4th, 2004, 03:14 PM
As the kennel for 3 references from previous boarders, stating that you wish them to be of no relation to the owners. Call these references and ask their opinion as to how their dog was when it came out ie. clean, happy, healthy, relaxed.

That's what I have done as we have moved so many darn times that I don't know my areas very well and never judge a book by it's appearance to be a reputable establishment.

Hope it helps!