Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Just a note.

Karin
November 3rd, 2004, 07:31 PM
And this may be locked but that is okay.

I voted for Bush. And as most Americans, if either of the other party was to be elected, we would support them 100 %. If the Kerry/Edwards team would have won, I and millions of others would have been in total support...after all, they are our leaders..voted in by a nation we are proud of.

I agree, our elections get nasty and I hate them. But if you ask the majority...we will rally behind any President in office because "we" put them in office.

"We The People" ....it's all about our convictions. And being proud to be American.

'nuff said and I approve this message.

moontamara
November 3rd, 2004, 08:29 PM
Nicely said (although if I was American I would have voted for the other side).

BTW, I always, wanted to mention that I love your signature. Every time I read it, I stop and think about how true that is!

goldenblaze
November 3rd, 2004, 08:40 PM
Nicely said (although if I was American I would have voted for the other side).

BTW, I always, wanted to mention that I love your signature. Every time I read it, I stop and think about how true that is!

Me too, I would of gave Kerry my vote.

heeler's rock!
November 3rd, 2004, 10:22 PM
I can appreciate your thoughts Karin. I'm not American, but if I were, I'd have voted for Kerry. Mostly because of the war on Iraq. I haven't agreed with it from the start and I never will. Most of America is torn because of the war and it's sad that the country is so divided. That's the great thing about most American's though, you stand behind your leader no matter what. We here in western Canada can't say the same thing. I have never voted Liberal and never will. We are mostly all conservatives here in good ole Alberta, and I will never stand behind a govenment I don't believe in. I don't really 100% believe in any political party, but at least I feel good about most of the conservative views! :)

Princesss04
November 4th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Karin, BUSH had my vote.. And I am proud of it. :) :thumbs up

melanie
November 4th, 2004, 03:32 PM
i oppose war on any level, i oppose bush :evil: :evil: :evil: on every level. but i respect your right to vote and hold to your beliefs. but hey you asked, you started this thread so here is my opinion i will never agree with you-

bush will not do the right thing sign the kyoto protocol (opps he wont get any freebies out of it so why would he, he does nothing just for the good of the world, only the good of him), and toilet paper man, opps john howard wont do anything bush wont do, so without the kyoto protocol the environment takes no proiority here, without that prioroty there is no environmental protection and increased conservation, to protect it often involves the creation of jobs, jobs my husband and i really need.

since howard put the war first, over 500 jobs in the field of environmental conservation and science have been destroyed, and more to come. so as far as i am concerned a vote for either of those parties was a vote against the employment of me and the proper conservation of my land, and a vote for war, thisus spending all the valuabel fubnd on someone elses fight. mmmmm makes me all warm and fuzzy.

also what i odnt get, they have proven to be lying throughout the whole war about WMD correspondence the lot, not to mention the deaths of many woman and children civilians as part of the so called strike on terrorists, my husband said he did not understand why no one cares if they lie, is it because economically you are doing well so a few lies dont bother you??that is my theory, when economics good ppl will take most crap. is that what you feel? and why would you vote for a person who has been proven on every level to have told lies to your face?? serioulsy, im confused and owndering.

but a vote for howard was a vote for my unemployment, i refuse to see it anyother way, perhaps if i had a skeric of security in my life maybe, but i dont have any security past the next 4 weeks when howard will can hubbies funding for renewable energy projects (geosequestration is his new thing, yep bury your problems, but he has his head in the sand so that is pretty much on par for him), so i have no faith or respect for the leader of my county or yours, they have no onterest in putting food on my table, so i wish them the worst of karma and bad luck, but hey karma will take it all back ten fold. they have the biggest karma debts of anyone alive, literlally on par with hitler or even sadam himself i would say.

poem for howard and bush-

ever mind the rule of three,
three times what thou givest return to thee,
this lesson well
thou must learn
thee only gets what thou doest earn :mad:

and i hope they both suffer horribly and suffer endlessly for their crimes against humanity, their crimes against the innocent woman and children, how they sleep at night i will never know... :evil:

oh and not to mention the kidnapping by america of david hicks, charge him or give him back, but no it is kidnapping and they get away with it, give us back our boy, if he has done something wrong we can deal with it, but the treatment of him is worse than a dog, and america have yet to charge him with anything at all after 2yrs, try again guys, pathetic and sad. no one hasthe right to hold my aussie ppl without trial or charge, see your own governemtn breaks the ruls of law, and commit war crimes against my own ppl. and that i cannot forgive, if they do it to him whatt will stop them terrorising my life if they dont happen to like me much.

YOU PAY WITH YOUR DREAMS, WAKE UP SLEEPER

dmc123
November 4th, 2004, 08:05 PM
Karin, I also voted for Bush as did my entire family. We were very glad he won. I also agree with you, that we as Americans would have supported Kerry had he won. I am just very happy he did not.

~~dmc

Iggette
November 5th, 2004, 07:09 AM
I'm not very politically knowledgable but I will say I was saddened to hear that Bush won :( Yes I watched 911 and alot of my concerns about him come from the movie but I have also watched and listened for the last year and I can see alot of Americans don't like the way Bush runs things. it shocked me to find that Bush and his family make alot more money if the war continues so I don't see it ending anytime soon I think he is a war monger....nothin else. I would have thought that Americans want to see their dollars help their country (social services healthcare etc..)not be spent on a war
Just my 2 cents

chico2
November 5th, 2004, 07:48 AM
Having just returned from South Carolina and spoken to several American friends,although I personally do not favour Bush,I can understand how they feel in the South.
Kerry had he won,would not be able to swing a magic wand and bring all the soldiers home from Iraq,the US has to finish what they started or Iraq would end up in total civil-war..it will be years before the US can leave.
We unfortunately had to go to a medical clinic,my abcent-minded hubby :evil: forgot his blood-pressure pills and paid $130US for the very short visit(insurance pays).I could not imagine living in a country where before anyone ask what the problem is,they ask for insurance or cash...
How scary it must be for all the minimum-wage uninsured workers!!
I have always admired the patriotism in the US,although some people see it as arrogance,especially in the South and whoever the president is,the fact will never change that Americans love their country,we Canadians could use some of that love for country and home.

sammiec
November 5th, 2004, 08:47 AM
As a Canadian, my vote doesn't count. But if it where such that our country was such a great influence on the rest of the world I would love to know the opinions of others. As we remind people often this is a public forum and we are entitled to our opinions. I don't take offence to anyone's views, but only try and understand them better. A debate is healthy and if we remain adult about it, this issue can be discussed. If you're upset about what I write then please send your hate mail to my PM box, don't force others to read comments that are intended for me and my views.

I often wonder WHY people think that Bush is such a great President? What has he done to improve your country?? Being from Canada, we ususally only get the news about the bad stuff, and to me, honestly that bad stuff is more then enough... I am just curious that's all.

I am a strong believer of civil rights. I believe that people should be able to make decisions for the betterment of their lives and others around them. We won't discuss stemcell research or abortion.... but stemming from those topics I don't believe that the President should not be able to use his power to force his beliefs on the population of that country.

I believe that Mr. Bush has turned your country upside down and make a mockery of it.
I think that his tactics for this war on Iraq are heartless and selfish. It's VERY hypocritical to dictact democracy. I feel that's what he has done to that country. Those people are dying and suffering at the hands of this man. For a man that speaks so highly of his religion, he has taken the power of God into his own and decided who will live or die...that's not a leader, that's a dictator.

I respect your decisions for your choices of your President. I for one am thankful everyday that I am Canadian.
I do not in anyway think that Americans are stupid and uneducated, nor do I believe that we are better. People are people, no matter what country you're from; but who you chose to represent you creates an image to the rest of the world, be it good or bad.

We're all friends here, and we should embrace each others' opinions as that, just an opinion.

chico2
November 5th, 2004, 09:09 AM
Sammiec,very well said :thumbs up I wish I had your writing-skills..
Not being a believer in organized religion,Bush's step back in history,often referring to his religion in desicion-makings regarding civil rights,ie..gay marriages,abortions,stemcell research etc....is just simply WRONG.
Religion and politics should never mix,it brings us back to the dark ages..in my opinion.

marko
November 5th, 2004, 09:15 AM
Yup no matter how much we may THINK we can discuss religion and politics in a open forum...in reality it never works.

It is just IMPOSSIBLE for many people to discuss things logically when they speak from their hearts and not their heads...whatever side they happen to be on.

This thread will now be closed and we may well discuss the issue of allowing people to talk about anything except religion or politics.

We hope you understand,

Marko